𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 [ smile. ]

Author's Note: Alrighty, people! We are nearing the end of act one! The support for this story is outrageous, by the way! Thank you all so much! I'm well past 3K views and I adore each of you who are keep up with this! Also, I have some important links for you all. Happy reading!

http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Slayer - if you want to know the extent of Slayer powers and such.

Song Recommendation ["Team" - Lorde]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

The truth about violence is that it's taught.

☽ † ☾

Hunters

Hunters. They were a family of werewolf hunters.

Why didn't they tell her?

"Why?" Allison asked and it was the only question in the word that mattered. Why would the people that meant the most to her lie for so long about so much? About something could kill her? Her brain was reeling, unable to latch onto any of it without seeing the monster Kate showed her and feeling sick.

"...let's just say if you react badly when you find out," Kate paused, shutting the heavy metal door that hid the captive wolf. "...not good."

Allison, keeping her stance stiff and her expression guarded, found her voice again with a clear tone of offense. "What do you mean not good?"

"They don't think that you can handle it." There was almost an air of amusement in the older hunter's tone as they began to walk down the dark, concrete corridor. "They look at you and they see this frightened little girl who's gonna run crying in the corner when she finds out the truth. Someone who needs to be guarded...watched even."

"What-...what are you talking about?!" Allison slowed her pace to a halt, her mind racing. "They wouldn't..." 

Her voice trailed off as her stomach twisted in knots. Her parents...they wouldn't betray her confidence like that. They wouldn't treat her like she was a child. The pain and the anger reached her eyes as she looked up at her aunt who had also stopped. 

There was something sympathetic in Kate own gaze as she put a hand on Allison's shoulder gently.

"Sweetie," she began, her voice softer. "Your friend Maddie isn't a friend. Think about the last few weeks. There can be only so many coincidences before you gotta start wondering about some people, don'tcha think?"

Allison the question hung there as she searched through her memory, for something to help her deny it. For a more reasonable explanation for her father's impromptu dinner invitation or a girl she hardly knew ending up in the school at night.

"Madeline Hayes was hired by your father to watch you, because he didn't see someone he could trust with the truth. He - bless his heart - sees his little girl." Kate's eyes were still kind and soft but it felt so false and bitter as she spoke.