𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐 [ blood loss. ]

☽ † ☾

☽ † ☾

...is the thing that will eventually kill you.

☽ † ☾

Stiles sat on Scott's bed, rubbing the fresh bruise on his forearm gently as he glared at Madeline – who was glaring back, mind you. She leaned on the wall beside a poster of some band she's never heard of with her arms folded across her chest. Scott, on the other hand sat quietly in his computer chair, his dark eyes darting from his hands to Maddie back and forth in deep thought. In between flares of severe annoyance, Maddie silently went over the order of events since she had told them her secret.

Maddie repeated her confession. "I'm a vampire slayer."

Scott finally spoke. "A vampire..."

"...Slay-er. Yeah," she cut him off, emphasizing both syllables in 'slayer' as if she were speaking to a small child.

Stiles laughed - not just any laugh though; it was hysterical laughter...that continued for much longer than it should've. That was when she punched him in the arm, holding back quite a bit when she reminded herself he was human. Still, it started turning purple rather quickly when he checked it.

After several more minutes of "vampires don't exist", someone had walked into the locker room, shocked to find Maddie there. The unanimous vote was to leave and discuss this somewhere much more private. So, after a prolonged awkward silence between Maddie and Stiles in his jeep, Scott showed up fully dressed and they sped off.

That was twenty minutes ago. Since then, she allowed the two to process the information, not that it was going all that well.

"There's no proof," Stiles began, narrowing his eyes on Maddie.

"Not in this town, at least..." she mumbled. Off the boys' looks, she sighed and pushed herself off the wall. "Look, they're real. Vampires. Evil, blood sucking monsters. Pale. Sharp teeth. It's all true. Scott?"

Scott blinked, returning his stare to the girl. "Uh, yeah?"

Madeline walked over to him. "You're a werewolf right?"

"Is that a trick question?" Stiles asked, his tone mocking.

"You can hear my heart beat?" she asked Scott, ignoring Stiles. "Like, you can tell if I'm lying by listening for upticks, right?"

The werewolf unit was small and the only reason she remembered that was because of all the jokes Marie made about it, jokes that didn't seem all that funny after the night in the school and escaping the hospital.

"Listen to my heart beat." There was a moment of silence in which the only thing that was clear was just how uncomfortable Scott looked. "Vampires are real. They're very dangerous. I was chosen and trained to hunt them."