𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 [ traditions. ]

A/N: Hey, remember how the last chapter was the longest I've written? Well, you are in for a surprise! Today, we have a character introduction, angst up the wazoo, and a bit of Staddie as a gift.

𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆

Jessica Henwickas𝐌𝐀𝐗 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒

Jessica Henwick
as
𝐌𝐀𝐗 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒

EDIT: Max will now be portrayed by Jessica Henwick, who is half Chinese and half English. I will be creating more content for her backstory as time progresses. This is the first of some major changes. If for any reason my portrayal of an Asian character is offensive to any of my Asian readers, please let me know. I want to present her accurately.

Song Recommendation ["Leave My Body" - Florence + The Machine]

NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

Her laugh is a fractured cacophony only heard in hindsight.

☽ † ☾

London, England

London, England

"Wait!" Max slapped a very literal marble from her classmate's hand. It made a tiny 'plink' against the thick, frosted over window and rolled across the floor. Her voice got higher as it tended to do when she was annoyed and squeaked a little when she asked, "What do you think you're doing?!"

She noted the mistake in her notebook more like she was the teacher rather than another student. A marble is not Delothrian's Ebb. Ask Mr. Giles to review Delothrian's Arrow.

Mackenzie Travers, while thinking very highly of herself (because, really, what other Watcher or Watcher-in-Training worked quite as hard?) found that very early on she was, as her Grandfather would both dote about and chastise, an anachronism.

She was so competitive of any of her peers, working towards goals that no one cared for any longer. Being a Watcher, old council or new, was never a sought after position by any means. Most Watchers of the past several decades were, much like their wards, thrust into their duty - typically through family - but Max found herself jumping at the opportunity. Even the new trainees seemed less enthused with the passing days, as they learned more. Still, Max was filled with a fervor for learning anything and everything she could and was as quick to apply her lessons as if they had been directly downloaded into her head.