Chapter Four

Charlie counted the doors back to her room; she placed the plate of half-eaten food down on the floor in front of her door. She kept the fork in her hand as she wondered down the hall.

An open door caught her attention; she spotted the blood-stained floor as she walked past trying not to let her mind wonder. Roni was Charlie's first best friend that Charlie had made when she stopped running.

Charlie didn't allow herself to pause for too long as she went back to counting the doors as she wondered down the hall.

She stopped at a door; she lifted up the bottom of her dress and reached into her pant pocket pulling out her bobby pin. With the bobby pin and the fork, she managed to open the door.

Charlie smiled to herself as she opened the door.

She closed the doors behind her; her eyes widened when she noticed all the pictures of Charlie pinned to all the wall space. Pictures of a young Charlie, photos of her at her mother's funeral, countless other photos; each surveillance photos of Charlie.

She was horrified to see how long he had been watching her. The different hair colours, different haircuts even when she got her first tattoo. She had believed that she was safe but now she realized she never was.

Charlie pushed open the bedroom door, the only part not to be covered in photos.

She pulled open the draws; she found nothing important only socks, speedos, and underwear. She found a draw full of wrist watches and a drew full of various photos. She closed all the draws before turning her attention to the built-in cupboard, she slide open the door revealing his suits, sitting on the floor was polished black shoes. She always knew her father as a smart dresser. She didn't even remember him wearing anything else but suits.

Charlie didn't panic when she heard the door open; she closed the cupboard door before stepping over to the window, her gaze firmly outside. Her hands held in front of her.

She could tell he was behind her "How long have you been watching me?" she already knew the answer, but she wanted to hear it herself. She turned to face him seeing him blocking the doorway of the bedroom.

"Long enough but you saw that" He smirked "Lost your touch. Thinking you spent all this time safe" he shook his head "I kept my distance, just waiting for the right moment."

"You planted Roni, didn't you?" Charlie turned her attention back out the window.

He didn't have bars against his window.

He didn't answer her question as he watched her, trying to see what she might do. She was trapped and they both knew it.

Charlie swung her fist towards his face; he grabbed her wrist and pushed her up against the wall, her arm held up against her neck.

They looked each other in the eyes.

She used her other arm and managed to push him off her. Charlie was ready to kill him, she pushed past him.

"We both know you can't escape." He called out.

She knew that; she was trapped. Trapped under his spell all over again. She lowered her head as she walked down the corridors.

Charlie felt like a child all over again; she was trapped all over again. All the damage she had forced herself to lock away was now back at the front of her mind.

Charlie pressed the elevator button; she could sense she was being followed. She stepped into the elevator before pressing all the numbers. She pressed the close doors button hoping her father wouldn't get in.

Charlie waited as the elevator began to travel down; she pressed the emergency stop button as she let herself crumble on the floor. Tears running down her face.

Charlie couldn't believe it; in a few hours, her father had managed to break her down.

She heard the emergency panel of the elevator open, she felt him move into the elevator. He wrapped his arms around Charlie "It's okay, Princess. I'm here" he kissed the top of her head.

Charlie leant into his shirt and cried she had worked so hard to forget about her past, she worked so hard to pretend her father was dead. All those years wasted.