Chapter Thirteen

Charlie ran along the dried blood droplets, following them down the hall and down the stairs. She ran past the door where she had killed eight people. She continue running to the end of the floor.

She felt like a mouse in a maze as she followed the turns of every hallway, trying to find a way out. A way out that he hadn't figured out she'd use.

Charlie wasn't sure how far she had gotten, she wasn't sure which part of the hospital she was in, she stopped running as she tried to catch her breath. She looked at the doors around her, they were all closed with no names or numbers on them.

She allowed herself to stop, she let her eyes scan the hallway. It was just lines of rooms with doors closed.

She cautiously stepped towards a door; she pressed her hand down on the doorhandle, but it wouldn't budge open.

Charlie turned each down, alternating between each side.

Each door wouldn't budge open.

She stopped at the last door, it failed to open.

Charlie looked up at the stairs, she sighed. Her body ached for food, it ached for her to stop as it ached in pain as her adrenaline wore off.

She wondered back down the hallway; she took a left down another hallway as she continued walking. She ignored counting the doorways, as she followed the hall down.

Charlie ran up to a vending machine as she smiled, she sighed when she noticed it was empty. She noticed another reflection in the vending machine.

"Who said your allowed down here?"

Charlie kept her guard up as she turned to face a man "Who said your allowed to talk to me?"

The man stared Charlie down "Ah, you're his catch."

Charlie nodded "Hook, line and sinker."

The man didn't move from his stance as Charlie watched him.

"None of these machines work, you'd be lucky if they even have anything in them."

"One does" Charlie responded to him "But he'd kill you if he saw you touch it."

The man lowered his head.

"Your one of his followers, aren't you?"

The man stayed silent.

"Is there a trick to finding an exit?"

The man stayed silent.

"How did you get down here?"

The man looked up at Charlie "Pay attention to the counting, never get distracted or you'll be lost."

Charlie rolled her eyes; she had been trying to count the door every time she walked past them.

"Is there a cleaners room around here?"

"Pay attention, listen to the silence." The man smirked; the man jerked as he felt a knife slice across his throat.

"Christ sake." Charlie sighed as she stared at her father as he let the man's body drop to the ground. "Took you long enough."

Charlie's father looked up at his daughter, he dropped the knife by his side "What have I taught you about talking to strangers?"

"What have I taught you about talking to strangers" She mocked him "Bite me."

"Charlotte."

"Stop calling me Charlotte, it's Charlie!"

"Your mother and I didn't name you Charlie."

"I don't care!" Charlie screamed at him.

"Charlie" He gritted his teeth "Here, now."

Charlie didn't move.

"You don't like Charlotte, yet you don't answer to Charlie."

"I don't answer when you call my name." She knew she was trapped; she had no way to run past him without him grabbing her and she couldn't run back the vending machine, it was the end of the hallway.

He watched her as he began to take steps towards her.

Charlie didn't move.

He grabbed Charlie by the middle of her shirt.

"Here we go" She rolled her eyes.

He held tight on her shirt as he dragged her down to the other end of the hallway, he pressed the up button for the elevator.

"Let go of me."

He ignored her as the doors opened, he pushed her inside the elevator before stepping inside and pressing number thirteen.

The doors closed before the elevator began to move up.