Chapter Fifteen

He kept his arms around his daughter's waist as they walked down the hallway. He didn't need another scare like that again.

"I'm starving" She hummed as she rested her head against his shoulder.

"If you didn't fight me this morning than you would've had food."

Charlie breathed deeply.

He lingered his gaze down on her as they walked before returning his gaze in front of him. He missed these moments, the moments when he and his daughter weren't at each other's throats, when they weren't having target practice. When they just could act like father and daughter for a few spilt seconds.

He stopped in front of a door that was two doors down from the dining room.

Charlie stood up straight as she watched him, she watched as he pulled his key out from his pant pocket. She watched as he unlocked the door and pushed it open.

Her eyes lit up when she noticed he had unlocked the door to the kitchen, she didn't hesitate to step in as her gaze bounced around the room.

She noted a fire extinguisher hanging on the wall. She noted two large fridges with clear doors and a commerical freezer. She noted the large metal bench in the middle of the room, double sinks positioned in the middle of the mental benches that were against the wall, she noted a commercial dishwasher propped on one side of the room.

"Charlotte, No."

Charlie turned her attention to her dad.

"No." He paid attention to her as he stood by the doorway "I know that look, just no."

"What look? I always have this look" She watched as he moved away from the door and towards the fridges.

He glanced into the near empty fridges; inside one of the fridges was two jugs, one jug was filled with juice and the other water, inside the other fridge was wrapped leftovers from the meals that Charlie had barely touched.

"You're coming up with a plan." He glanced over at his daughter "A kitchen has a lot of things you can use against me."

"Now, why would I want to use anything against you?" She watched as he opened the fridge doors "I know I'm your weakness, so I'd just do it to myself instead."

He pulled out a jug of water and placed it on the bench, he lifted his gaze to Charlie's face before turning his back to her.

Charlie lifted herself up onto the edge of the table, she gently swung her legs.

He noticed her reflection on the glass of the fridge "Off."

Charlie ignored him as she watched him pull two plates of wrapped plates full of food.

"Off, now."

Charlie pouted at him "There's no chairs in here."

"Charlotte."

"It's Charlie."

He began to unwrap the cling wrap from the plates.

"Remember when you taught me how to suffocate someone with cling wrap than slice them with the edge of the cling wrap box." She absentmindedly spoke.

"Off the table."

"I was only seven."

He looked up at his daughter's face, she looked distracted as she concentrated on her memories.

"I won't say it again." He calmly spoke.

Charlie turned her attention to him "I remember any time I stood on the chairs or even sat on the tables, you were always calm." She picked up the cling wrap he had discarded on the table. Charlie began to smooth out the cling wrap before jumping off the table.