Chapter Eleven

After Charlie's wounds were finally treated, she pulled her shirt back on before following her father back to the dining room.

"Do I get a change of clothes?"

He ignored Charlie's question as he stepped into the room.

Charlie rolled her eyes; she couldn't help but slightly smile at the sight of seeing the food cart waiting by the table.

---

Charlie walked forward as he followed behind her, she kept her head held high as she glanced every so often down at the dried blood droplets on the floor.

She stopped in front of the closed bathroom door.

He stopped a few steps behind her, watching as she opened the bathroom door before Charlie stepped inside and closed the door behind her.

Charlie leaned her back against the door as she felt a sense of freedom, not the freedom she rightly wanted but the reins of him loosening.

She noticed the toiletries bag propped onto of a pile of fresh clothes.

Charlie lowered her head as she sighed, she had forgotten that she had dropped the bag when he was holding her in his arms when she had failed at escaping.

She rummaged through the toiletries bag checking for the key. She smiled in her reflection of the mirror as she gripped the key tight in her hand.

"Next step, figure out where you go." She whispered to her reflection before dropping the key back into the toiletries bag.