CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Charlie sat alone in her room; her door closed as she sat in the pile of bedding on her floor.

She ran her hands over the fabric she was sitting on, she allowed herself to take a moment. Just one moment to settle herself down, just one moment to allow herself to be calm, just one moment to allow herself to just be.

Charlie smiled a little as she felt her hands tug at the bedding, she adjusted her sitting position as she opened her eyes, she jumped up to her feet as she pulled a sheet out from the pile, she gave it a quick shake before pulling open her door and running down the hallway with the sheet in her hand.

Charlie ran to the glass door she had once found on the same level as her room, the sheet jolted up and down as she ran down the hallway.

She suddenly stopped as she looked at the glass door, she placed her hand on the handle before pushing it down.

Charlie wasn't surprised that the door wouldn't open, she dropped to the floor as she looked at the small gap under the door before trying to shove the edge of the sheet under the door. She kept calm as she struggled to push it through the gap of the door, she kept calm as she focused her attention on pushing the sheet outside.

Charlie smiled to herself when most of the sheet managed to be on the other side, she looked at the corner of the sheet left on her side. She knelt up as she began to tie the sheet corner to the doorhandle.

She didn't know how well this plan would work but it'd be something, something to maybe distract him or maybe something to toy with.

Charlie smiled to herself as she jumped up to her feet, she didn't bother inspecting her handywork as she skipped down to the bathroom. She ignored her stomach begging for food as she kept herself focused on her plan.

She locked herself in the bathroom as she rummaged for a fluffy tampon before pausing "fuck." She breathed to herself before squishing the fluffy tampon into the pocket of her shorts.

Charlie jumped to her feet as she yanked open the bathroom door. She stood in the doorway as she tried to stay calm.

She aimlessly walked back to her room; she wasn't going to let one detail of her plan fail even if she didn't have all the pieces she needed.

Charlie looked at her bed as she noticed the puppet sitting on her bed "Do you know what happens to people who get too close to me?"

The person in black clothing and black mask tilted it's head down to the bedding on the floor than looked up at Charlie "With all those, We thought you'd change your sheets."

Charlie seemed confused as she grabbed a corner of a sheet from the floor, she pulled the sheet from the pile on the floor. "How many are there?"

"As many as he needs." The puppet watched Charlie as she hurriedly and poorly folded the sheet in her arms.

Charlie looked at the crumbled sheet in her arms before turning her head to the puppet "Why are you here?"

The puppet didn't answer.

Charlie slowly stepped backwards to her door; the puppet followed their gaze of Charlie.

She stood in the entrance of the room doorway "Puppets must be a new thing." She pondered loudly "Since I'm just the string, you must of came after I disappeared."

Charlie couldn't see the facial expression of the person under the mask, but she sensed they were smiling.

She turned her back and began running down the hallway to the elevator. She pressed the down button before looking around her, she heard the ding of the elevator as the doors open.