Chapter Thirty - Three

Neither of them could find their words, she realised she needed to alter her plan.

They both looked down the hallway as they smelt smoke.

Charlie snatched the match box off him before running down to the bathroom, she pushed open the bathroom door before grabbing her petrol soaked shirt and the blue cannister.

"BURN IN HELL,FUCKER!" Charlie screamed down the hallway at her father.

His eyes lit up with realisation before racing after his daughter.

Charlie let the petrol on the shirt drip onto the floor as she ran down the stairs not allowing herself to stop.

She didn't stop to look back to see if her father was still behind her, she didn't stop to see how far she had run, she just kept going.

Charlie wasn't sure what floor she was on, she didn't care.

She forced herself to stop at the top of the stairs, she wringed out the shirt before throwing it as far as she could down the stairs. She quickly flipped open the small black box lid, picked up a match and flicked it across the lid before dropping it on the line of petrol.

Charlie noticed her father catching up towards her.

Charlie adjusted her grip on the blue canister before continuing down the stairs, she heard the sounds of a gun firing. She wasn't sure where it had come from, she doubt it was her father.

She almost tumbled down the stairs that lead to the ground floor, she struggled to take the lid off the blue cannister before it finally came off, she ran through the ground floor letting the petrol from the blue cannister splash onto the ground.

When Charlie felt satisfied, she climbed onto the reception desk, the blue canister still had a few small drops of petrol left inside of it as she placed it by her feet as she watched her father and several people dressed in black with black full face masks.

She watched as her father centred himself in front of her as the people in black circled around her.

"Don't harm her." He called around to the people circling Charlie.

She kept her focus on her father "You could never do your own dirty work, always had to get others to do it for you." She picked up the blue canister, she needed to think carefully about her next move.

There was only a few drops of petrol left, she didn't want it to go to waste.

Charlie finally paid attention to the people around her, she noticed each had a weapon in their hand. She noticed a gun, a knife, wire, brass knuckles.

"You set me up." She called out to her father.

He didn't respond.

"You said you wanted me to come back to you. Does this look like something a father would do to their daughter!?"

"You're doing just exactly what I wanted you to do." He calmly watched.

Charlie closed her eyes for a moment, she felt someone take a swipe at her legs. She opened her eyes "Could Charlotte burn herself alive?"

He watched his daughter pour the remainder of the petrol in a circle around her, watched as she flicked open the small black box.

Charlie felt a bullet hit her, she started to lose her balance as she quickly swiped two matches across the lid, she flicked one towards her father and dropped the other on the floor.

She crashed onto the floor, too afraid to move as the flames began to follow the petrol line.

Charlie jumped slightly when she heard a piece of the building began to tumble onto the ground.