Chapter Twenty- Nine

Charlie tried not to let him get to her as she wondered back up the stairs, she smiled a little as she noticed the sheet still tied and hanging over the stair rail, she suddenly stopped on door seven.

Charlie placed her hand on the door handle, she was surprised to see it opened. She stepped onto the seventh floor; the floor looked no different to the previous floors she had discovered with the doors closed.

She calmly wondered down the hallway, she seemed curious as she noticed doors wide open. She started to suspect her father knew what she was doing, she started to suspect he was now toying with her plan even though neither of them knew what Charlie was trying to do.

Charlie stopped in the middle of the hallway as she allowed herself to take in her surroundings, open doors line both sides of her and one medium size window at the end of the hall.

She began to explore each room, they all had similar set ups; with one bed, one hospital bedside table and a chair. Each bed was covered in linen, some beds looked like they were slept in while others looked like they were covered in dust.

Charlie wasn't surprised by that; she knew there'd be a way for her father to hide their friends one way or another. It'd most likely explain how he managed to find so many on short notice.

Something hiding under one of the beds caught her attention, she knelt down in the doorway as she tried to focus before leaning into the hallway and checking to see if she was well and truly alone before crawling into the room.

Charlie's eyes lit up; she didn't need the hand sanitizers anymore.

Sitting under the bed was two plastic petrol canisters; one blue and one white, she pulled the canisters closer to herself before unscrewing the lids.

She smiled a little seeing the blue canister half-filled before screwing the lid back on. She looked at the white canister, it had only a few droplets, but Charlie knew she'd figure out how to use it to the very last drop.

Charlie grabbed both canisters and proudly carried them out of the room, she continued to wonder around the hallway trying to see what else she could find before going to find the elevator on the seventh floor.

She placed the blue canister under the buttons of the elevator, she pressed down and waited a few moments. She was surprised to see the elevator doors opened.

Charlie took the lid of the white cannister, she placed the blue cannister in the middle of the elevator doors to prevent them from shutting.

She placed the white canister on the floor of the elevator before making her attempts to open the emergency panel, she beamed when she noticed the sheet still slightly dangling enough for her to see.

Charlie pulled the sheet down slightly, she lifted up the white canister and stuck the sheet in the canister before tipping the petrol through the sheet. She shuffled back slightly as the petrol started to dribble onto the floor.

Charlie placed down the white canister before making adjustments to hide the sheet back in the emergency panel, just enough for her to reach for later and also enough for it to not be noticeable if her father was to use the elevator.

She looked down at the white canister, to leave it in the elevator or to take it out.

Charlie pressed the number thirteen before grabbing the blue canister and stepping out of the elevator.

She watched from the hallway as the elevator doors closed.

Charlie began to slowly make her way back to the stairway as she felt a confident wave of realisation.

She wondered up the stairs to the sheet hanging from the level nine rail, Charlie kept alert as she opened the lid of the blue canister, she dipped corner of the sheet into the canister watching as it began to soak up the petrol.

Charlie pushed the sheet back over the edge of the rail when she was satisfied that it had enough through the sheet, she twisted the lid back onto the blue canister before calmly carrying the blue canister out onto the floor and wondering to the bathroom.