Chapter Eighteen

Her eyes struggled to stay open as she watched the day shift into night, her head drooped each time she closed her eyes, she shook her head awake as she struggled to shield her eyes from the sunrising in.

Charlie closed her eyes as she rested her head against the door, she had been on the floor since her father had locked her in the dining room.

She hadn't heard anything all night.

Charlie startled herself awake when she felt something touch her lower back, she moved her exhausted gaze to the gap under the door.

She ran her hand over her face as she tried to understand why a knife had been slid under the door.

Charlie pushed the knife back under the door, the knife was pushed back towards the dining room.

She seemed confused, tired and confused as she pushed the knife back under the door.

The knife was slide back towards her.

Charlie shifted her body away from the door, she kicked the knife back under the door gap.

The knife forcefully pushed under, towards her again.

She was too exhausted to continue fighting with whoever was pushing the knife towards her. Charlie reached for the knife "Suicide is a gift. A miraculous gift." She yawned "Suicide makes you feel like everything will be better." She shakily rose to her feet as she stepped away from the door, she bumped into the chair. "Suicide shouldn't be the answer, it should be the question." She shook her head trying to keep herself awake as her bloodshot eyes tried to focus on the door. "The question of is life worth living? The question of am I more than what they think of me? The question of what will happen when I die?" She moved her freehand to the top of the chair trying to keep herself on her feet as she struggled to hold the knife tight in her hands. "Being pushed to brink questions your sanity, being pushed to the brink questions your worth, being pushed to the brink makes you prove something to yourself." She started to sway gently as she struggled to stay on her feet.

Charlie dropped her gaze to her tattooed wrist "We believe the lies because we know we'll never believe our own truths, we believe the lies until it beats us black and blue, we believe the lies because all we have is the lies. The lies that help us sleep at...." Charlie collapsed to the ground; her eyes closed as the knife bounced on the floor.