Chapter Nineteen

Charlie woke to see her father holding her hand as he sat on the edge of her bed.

"Good, your awake."

Her body yearned for food as she struggled to keep focus on him. She pushed the back of her head onto the pillow as her eyes closed again.

---

She woke again, her body ached in pain as she attempted to sit herself up.

Her father was still sitting on her bed, this time he had a glass of juice in his hands. "Maybe I pushed you a little too hard, you slept for two days." He brought the glass to her lips.

Charlie's hands shook as she took the glass in her hands, forcing the juice down her throat as she skulled the drink. Drips of juice ran down the side of her lips and down her chin, the drips caught onto her shirt and bedsheet.

"Your fine." He stated like she was supposed to find confidence in his words.

Charlie felt the juice rise up through her throat, she carefully laid back down and stared up at the ceiling as the feeling disappeared.

He used the bedsheet to wipe away the juice from her lips and chin. "I'll get you back on your feet" He worried over her as he took the glass from her hands.

---

Charlie woke for the third time; he was still sitting on her bed.

She felt a bit better as she sat up in bed, he stood to his feet.

"Fresh clothes in the bathroom." Was his only words as he walked out of the room.

Charlie pushed off the bedsheet as she prepared herself to stand, she kept her hands on the bed as she shakily rose to her feet, she used the bed to keep her balance as she stood up. Her body screamed for food as she slowly moved her hands away before slowly taking steps out of the room.

Charlie used the wall to help her keep balance as she shuffled down the hallway.