Chapter Five

Charlie and her father sat in the elevator as he comforted her. He felt like her father all over again, a man who just wants to be there for his daughter. She felt like a little girl who finally felt satisfied being in the arms of her dad.

He wasn't ready to let her out of his arms; he needed to keep Charlie close to him, afraid he'd have to chase her down again. He hated watching from a distance, he just wanted to be a father to her.

Charlie felt his arms pull away as he shifted his position to push the buttons for the elevator to move back up to the main floor.

He helped Charlie to her feet as the doors opened, she held his hand as they stepped out of the elevator.

He wrapped his arms around her in a fatherly embrace as he led her back to her room.

Her tears had stopped falling; Charlie fallen into the trap that he had set for her. She knew now she was stuck.

He tucked her into bed, Charlie didn't say a word to him. She couldn't find the right words. He brushed her hair slightly away from her face and kissed her forehead.

"Sleep tight, princess." He whispered as he walked over to the door.

Charlie watched him flick off the light and close the door. She turned her attention to the window, staring out at the night sky as she drifted off to sleep.

Charlie woke to see neatly folded pile of clothes sitting on the floor next to the door. She climbed out of bed as she noticed a key sitting on top of the clothes. Charlie picked up the key before lifting up her dress and tucked the key into the back pocket of her pants.

She quickly adjusted her dress before opening the door. She tried not to panic as she saw him standing in the hall.

"Good, you're up" He smiled. He moved his gaze down to the pile of clothes "Where's the key?" He watched as confusion swept across her face "Charlotte, come on. Tell me where's the key?"

"What key?" Charlie knew how to play her cards. She needed to keep calm.

He gripped her throat.

"Kill me" She breathed "You came" she breathed "This far"

He let go of her "Maybe they dropped it"

Charlie rolled her eyes "What's so important about a key?"

"Nothing. Just the bathroom key" He moved his attention down to the hall before looking back at Charlie "Four doors up to the right. Once you've cleaned up, come join me for breakfast in the dining room."

She watched him walk down away from her door, Charlie seemed confused. She picked up the clothes and walked up the hallway, she counted four doors from her room.

Charlie grabbed the key out of her pocket, she unlocked the door. She stepped into the bathroom before locking herself in. She examined the key trying to figure out why he fussed over a key.

Just a bathroom key? She thought There's gotta be more to it.

Charlie buried the key under the fresh clothes before stripping off her dress. She caught a glimpse of her shoulder. She shifted her body slightly seeing the blood on her back from the fingernails her father had dug into her yesterday.

Charlie sighed.

She stripped off the rest of her clothes before figuring out the temperate for the shower taps.

Charlie felt vulnerable without a shower curtain to shut. She looked around, disappointed for the lack of soap products.

She felt grateful for the water but craving body wash. She wanted to scrub herself raw from the two murders she did yesterday.

Charlie jumped a little when she heard a knock on the door; she wasn't sure how long she had been under the running water, she looked down at her fingers seeing them pruned.

"Charlotte, princess. Time to hop out."

Hearing her father's voice made her skin crawl, she twisted the taps off.

"That's my girl."

He stood outside the door as he listened to the sounds in the bathroom. Trying to hear if his daughter would speak out loud even to herself.

"Just leave your worn clothes in there." He mentioned.

Charlie took the bobby pin out of her back pocket of her pants and slide it onto the strap of her bra before pulling on her fresh shirt. She looked at the key; she didn't have any pockets on this outfit.

Charlie uncomfortably placed the key inside her bra trying to let it squash between the fabric and her skin. She looked in the bathroom mirror checking to see if the key wasn't noticeable.

She left her worn clothes in their dropped position.

Charlie took one final look at her appearance in the mirror. Her wet hair slightly dripping down her shoulders.

She opened the door seeing her father blocking the doorway.

He smiled at her "Now, don't you feel better?"

To some extent, Charlie did.

"I'll have to see if there's any hair brushes you can use. Don't want to ruin your hair."

She didn't react to his comment.

"Breakfast is waiting."

Charlie followed behind him as he led her to the dining room. She knew not to react as she felt the stabs of the key against her breast.

He pushed opened the door; the room was set up similar to last night.

Josie's body was gone, all that was left was a blood stain.

"Thank you, Macy." He watched as the young woman placed down two plates on the table "Macy, can you find something my daughter can use to brush her hair."

Macy nodded "I have a spare brush she can use."

"Please find it and bring it in here."

"Yes, sir." She took that as her cue, she walked over to the door, closing the door shut behind her.

Charlie wasn't in the mood to avoid food. Her body was aching for something. She poured herself a glass of juice.

He watched her carefully, watching as she didn't savour the liquid instead drink it in one go. She poured herself another glass before noticing him watching her. She placed the jug down.

"Don't be embarrassed." He poured himself a cup of juice.

She picked up a fork without hesitation, stabbing the food onto the progs of the fork.

The minute the food entered her mouth, her body felt something. Her body felt like it had gotten what it wanted.

"That's my girl. Glad you enjoy it." He began to eat his food.

The two of them didn't speak as they ate; he lingered his gaze on her every so often.