Chapter Thirty - One

The puppet reached behind them, pulling an out a gun that was tucked into the back of their pants before offering it to Charlie.

She didn't hesitate to grab it "You're not the same one." She calmly inspected the bullet chamber; Only one bullet. She glanced up at the puppet "Better make it a good one."

Charlie followed the puppet as they wondered down to the ground level, they both stayed quiet.

She hadn't finished her plan, she hoped that she could quickly improvise.

The puppet stopped on the bottom of the stairs "Continue."

Charlie kept alert as she walked alone.

"Little string."

Charlie saw the puppet sitting on the reception desk sitting in the middle of the hallway, swinging their legs slightly.

"Puppet." She knew which one this was, the one her father didn't kill.

"I see you only have one round."

"Wonder how many clicks it'd take." She pressed the muzzle of the gun to the side of her temple.

The puppet pushed themselves off the reception desk before taking a few steps towards Charlie.

She felt the puppet's hand clasp over her hand; the one holding the gun to her temple.

"This one isn't for you." The puppet calmly spoke as they lowered her hand and gun.

Charlie seemed confused.

"Macy went down for you; she wasn't supposed to. Make this count." The puppet leaned close to her ear.

"Why are you helping me?" She whispered.

The puppet stepped back "Make it count, little string." The puppet looked at the one standing on the bottom of the stairs "Blade."

Charlie turned her attention to the person on the stairs, watching as they pulled a small razor from the pocket of their pants, they slit their wrists before sliding the razor across their neck before dropping the razor to the ground and allowing themselves to collapse on the stairs to bleed out.

She looked at the puppet in front of her "Who are you?"

They rose their index finger to their masked lips "Find the elevator and go up. Finish your plan." They hoisted themselves back onto the reception desk before calmly swinging their legs, acting as if they didn't instruct someone to kill themselves.

Charlie felt conflicted on if she should trust the person who seemed to want to help her or if she should kill them, she felt conflicted as she watched at how calm their body looked. She didn't need to see their face to know they took pride in what they had just done.

She slowly stepped backwards before clambering up the stairs, she wasn't sure if she was doing it out of panic, fear or hope. She just knew that she was conflicted on what to think or say as she reached the top of the stairs.

Charlie ran down the hallway trying to find the elevator on level one.