Chapter 4: Dating

Carina's point of view

Once we got to the park I laid out the blanket I brought and we began to eat our sandwiches. I'm glad maya liked her sandwich. "So are you going to tell me your gold medal story?" I asked her as she took a bite. "Well; when I was 16 I qualified for the olympics and I won the gold medal for the 500 meter. And set a world record. Oh; and on a sprained ankle." She casually said as she took another bite. "What?! Oh my god maya that's amazing. I can't believe you did that at 16! With a hurt ankle?! Your parents must be so proud of you!" Something I said must have struck a nerve because this cool collected woman became distant and irritated. "You would think." "I'm sorry Bella if I struck your nerves. Are you okay?" She smiled slightly. "Struck a nerve. And yes, I just don't want to talk about family really. Not yet, it's a tough subject." "American idioms are so hard! Whenever you are ready to open up I'm ready to listen. But no pressure. I want to get to know you as you feel comfortable." We talked about me growing up in Italy and moving to America when I was 16 and how it was growing up in Seattle. I learned she was Seattle's first female fire captain. "Maya, you are so impressive. You have quite the resume. You are so driven and fearless." "Thank you for saying that, but I'm not fearless." "What are you afraid of Bambina?" "Well.... I guess my biggest fear is Of finding love and scaring them off. Breaking both of our hearts and being alone." She became distant again. "Has this happened before?" "Yes, but we weren't in love. At least I wasn't. But we both we so hurt and had to learn to keep working together afterward." "Wait. You still work with her?" "Um... him; and yes. He is one of my lieutenants." "Oh, so you are bisexual?" She played with her hands and didn't look up at me. "Yea, I know bisexuals get a bad name as people who can't make up their minds. But I do like both men and women and always have. Is this something that bothers you? That I've been with men before?" "Honestly Bella I don't like thinking of you sleeping with anyone else. But their gender does not matter to me. Im also bisexual but I fall pretty high on the Kinsey scale. I've only been with 1 man and many more women." She looked a little disappointed. "You mean I wasn't your first? I didn't take your virginity last night?" I shoved her arm playfully, "shut up, I lost my virginity long ago. But last night was a night of firsts for me." I winked at her and got a small blush from her. "Okay; it's starting to get dark and I will have to work in the morning. Are you okay if we head back?" "Yes, I also have to go in and check on paperwork. Hopefully I can start working soon." When we got to the car she asked me, "what kind of doctor are you Carina? What's your specialty?" I laughed, "I can't believe that never came up. I am double board certified in women's health and in OBGYN." "So... you see a lot of vaginas?" "Yes, I see many. Plenty really. But I do focus mostly on the mamas health before, during; and after a baby. Right now I'm getting ready to do a study on how orgasms effect a woman's brain." She swerved slightly. "Woah, what?! How. How do you test that?" I slid my hand up her thigh slightly. "Well they masterbate in a CT scanner, fully covered in privacy. And then I see how it effects their brains." "Wow. I'm impressed. Do you have volunteers?" "Why, are you volunteering?" "Maybe. I'd love for you to study my brain." "I would love to study yours too." We arrived at my apartment and she didn't move. She seemed unsure of what to do next. "Well maya, I'm so happy we had our first official date. When do I get to take you out again?" She finally made eye contact and began playing with my fingers in her thigh. "Tomorrow? And I want to take you. I work until 3, as long as there aren't any major fires." "Okay, well I'll be done with paperwork by noon and I won't start with priveledges until the next day. So do you want me to pick you up for dinner?" "Sounds wonderful. I'll text you the details tomorrow. Enjoy your evening Carina." She leavened forward and I leaned in to meet her kiss. We found our rhythm and man have I missed kissing her. I could feel the kiss building and growing more passionate. I slid my hand up her thigh and chest settling on her breast. This caused a small moan to escape her lips. I grinned and kept going. She finally grabbed my hand and kissed it. "I love where this is going and it feels amazing. But 2 more dates." "2 more dates. Good night maya." " goodnight Carina."