Chapter 11: Paperwork

Maya's point of view

As I was finishing my paperwork Carina was heading into surgery. She was getting ready to go and came over and pushed me slightly away from the desk and sat in my lap. "Well hello there." She kissed me and ran her fingers up and down my arms giving me goosebumps. "What was that for?" I asked. "I have to have a reason to kiss you now?" "No, but it was sweet. I don't know this is new." I said laughing. "Maya I always want to kiss you but do refrain from time to time." She said kissing me again. I rubbed her back lightly and kissed her temple. "Do you need to go?" "Yes Bambina, I do. I'm done after my surgery today though. Can I still come over later? I brought a bag so that I can be comfortable." "Yes of course. I should be done after the dinner tonight, will you still come?" "Oh yes! I forgot for a moment I'm sorry. I'll be there, 7?" "It's okay; 7 is when we will eat because we're off at 8. So if you're early let me know and you can come to my office for a change." "I would like that. I'll see you then maya" she stood up and leaned over with one hand on the chair and one on the desk giving me a perfect look down her shirt that I couldn't resist. She laughed and pulled my gaze up to kiss me. She left with a wink and closed the door. I finished a few minutes later and packed my things up. I left her a note on her desk that said, 'thanks for sharing your office beautiful. Can't wait to see you tonight.' It was already 4 and I had at least an hour of paperwork and debrief with my team. When I got back to the station I found them cleaning the trucks and the firehouse for dinner. "You guys are on top of it today. Ready to debrief in 10 so that I can start paperwork?" "Yeah, could we do 20 so we can finish this up?" "You got it. Let's meet in the kitchen then. I'll let the others know." After everyone finished up their tasks they met me in the kitchen. We debriefed and discussed dinner within the hour. Everyone had invited their partner but no kids tonight. We don't work tomorrow so we will drink too. Montgomery and Hughes are cooking dinner and are about to start. Andy helped me with paperwork and as we were finishing and sending it in there was a knock at my door. Miller walked in with carina behind him, "Captain dr. DeLuca said you were expecting her?" "Yes Miller, thank you. Carina you're early." I said waking over to welcome her in. Once the door was closed I kissed her cheek. "Yes; but you said to text you wnd then to come to your office. It's already 6:30 though, so I'm not that early Bella." "It's already 6:30?! Wow this day has flown by. Luckily we just finished and I can get ready for dinner. Andy is everything sent in now?" "Yes maya and hello Carina it's good to see you again. I'm going to go get ready, see you at 7 ladies!" She left with a wink and closed the door behind her. "I'm sorry Carina if I seemed surprised you were here already. It's not that I didn't want you here I just lost track of time." "It's okay, I assume you didn't see your phone so I'm okay." I pulled her close, "you smell amazing." She tilted her head to the side and kissed me "I'm Glad. You smell good too. But we did shower with the same stuff." "Yeah but you must have used lotion or perfume or something." I said as I buried my head in her neck. "Perfume" she said laughing. "I should get dressed and ready for this, want to join me?" She shook her head yes and followed me into my room. We talked lightly while I did my makeup and quickly straightened my hair. As I was getting dressed carina stood up from my bed to come over to me while I was just in my bra and underwear. I was surprised when she walked up behind me and ran her hands up my side and kissed my neck. "Carina I love this and love when you touch me. But I don't think we can do this is 5 minutes." I said laughing. She laughed as well, "I can't touch you and it not lead to sex?" "Not when you touch me like that!" I said as she grabbed my ass. "Fine, I can keep my hands to myself" she said raising her hands up. "I didn't say completely, but I don't want to be late. Considering we take so long I doubt a quickie would even be short enough." She giggled and kissed me lightly. "Okay get dressed and let's go meet your team." I wore black skinny jeans and a white top and red jacket. Carina whistled slightly and kissed me on the cheek. "You look so sexy in red." "Good to know baby. Ready to go downstairs?" I took her hand and led her down to the kitchen. It was already bustling with people and almost everyone was there.