Chapter 3 || The First Day

PERCY JACKSON

Percy got up, yawning, slapping a hand over the annoying alarm clock. Throwing off his boxers and hopping in the shower, he felt lazy. It was the first day of school and making breakfast was not on anyone's mind. When he finished showering, putting on a T-shirt with a hoodie and some jeans with converse tennis shoes, he went downstairs, putting his schoolbooks in his backpack.

6:30 AM. Perfect timing. He quickly ran over to Leo's room, pounding on the door.

"WAKE UP LEO!"

"No..." Leo groaned from inside.

"I don't feel like cooking today!" Percy whined.

"But I'm not..." Leo whined back.

"I know you're not! That's why you need to hurry up so we can grab ice cream and cupcakes at Cream Dream Bakery!"

Percy heard a thump and the shower being turned on. Leo was up. After five minutes, Leo literally launched himself out of his room with his hair sopping wet, dripping all over his face, T-shirt on backwards, shorts on, mismatched socks on, and tennis shoes on.

"LET'S GO!" he pumped his fist in the air, shoving his books in his backpack, "I WANT CUPCAKES AND ICE CREAM!"

He sighed as Leo adjusted his shirt and gave up on socks, putting on orange crocs. Percy grabbed his keys and got in the car.

"Let's go."

"YEAH!" Leo shouted and we took off, the car wheels screeching as they came to a halt before a red light.

They could hear the familiar beeps when tired drivers forgot to pay attention. Just the normal traffic of the morning with every adult fighting to get to Starbucks for their daily cup of Joe.

"Turn on some music," Percy said, handing Leo the phone to control it, "It's getting boring here."

Leo swiped through some songs before pressing one.

"Oh yeah," he smirked and Leo nodded.

"34 35!" they both chirped.

"AHYAYEEAAHHH!" Percy did the Ariana slide.

"Ooh! Pop off Sass King!" Leo was dancing.

"Baby Imma need a seatbelt when I'm riding--okay okay okay change the song! It's getting a bit too dirty for the first morning of school," he said, "Don't want those words slipping out in the classroom."

Leo snickered but said nothing as he changed the song.

"SWITCHING MY POSITIONS FOR YOU!" they both screamed. "WHEN I'M IN THE KITCHEN OR I'M IN THE BEDROOM! I'M IN THE OLYMPICS, WAY I'M JUMPIN' THROUGH HOOPS! KNOW I LOVE INFINITE, NOTHIN' THAT I WOULDN'T DO, THAT I WOULDN'T DO, SWITCHING FOR YOU!"

Leo changed it and Percy yelled it at the top of his lungs.

"YOU ARE, MY FIREEE! THE ONE, DESIREEE!"

Leo changed it and he rolled his eyes.

"THIS GIRL IS ON FIREEE!" he screamed.

"Sing it Alicia!" Percy hooted.

"THIS GIRL IS ON FIREEE! SHE'S WALKING ON FIREEE! THIS GIRL IS ON FIREEE!" Leo screamed again.

Percy changed it and Lady Gaga played.

"CAN'T READ MY, CAN'T READ MY, NO HE CAN'T READ MY POKER FACE, SHE'S GOT ME LIKE NOBODY!"

Leo repeated, making awful harmonies to go along with it.

"Mum-mum-mum-mum-mum-mah..." they both hummed as low as they could, but they couldn't beat the song.

"Alright," Leo said, "Whoever can do the highest Ariana whistle note gets twenty dollars."

Percy smirked.

"On. Your turn, Leo."

Leo drank a huge gulp of water and his face turned red.

"AHHH!" he sang while a car beeped at them.

"Child's play. AHHHHHH!"

Every car beeped, and one very mean driver cursed.

"F**K YOU! YOU JUST KILLED MY EARS!"

"THANK YOU!" Percy called and laughed.

They entered Cream Dream Bakery and ordered.

"Can I have eight cupcakes, two cups of ice cream, and two iced coffees?" he asked.

"Your total is 17.89," the lady behind the counter said as he handed her a twenty-dollar bill.

"Keep the change," Percy said, sitting down at a booth with Leo.

"I don't wanna go back to school," Leo whined.

"You think I wanna go into that pit of hell? No!" Percy scoffed.

"Your coffees," the waitress said, putting two cups down.

Taking a sip of his, he looked out the window.

"Look, Leo. It's our last year. Senior year, baby! We just need to finish our college applications, deal with the teachers, and have fun!"

"Better than last year," Leo scoffed, "All those SATs killed me, Percy!"

"I still can't believe people are going to college, let alone applying."

"Perce, that's because you're an oblivious blob. Not dumb, but obliviously oblivious."

"Thanks... Leo," Percy frowned before the cupcakes and ice cream were there for them to eat.

Looking at Leo, Percy feared Leo would burst from all the sugar. The moment their meal was finished, they hit the road off to Goode. The pit of hell.

It held so many memories.

ANNABETH CHASE

Annabeth was calmly walking through the halls to try and find her locker with Piper blabbing behind her.

"...and I seriously need to meet those new kids," she pointed to three kids who were busy by their lockers, "The blonde's cute as f**k!"

"Look, Piper," she sighed, "I'm not looking for a relationship."

Her gray eyes suddenly caught a figure walking through the door. Sea-green eyes, pearly white teeth, a perfect beach tan, windswept black hair, a swimmer's muscular body, and this sneaky look to him.

"Who's that?" she asked before she could stop herself.

Piper raised an eyebrow but answered nonetheless.

"Percy Jackson. Bad boy hottie, captain of the swim team, owns his own penthouse, super, super popular. He's like a favorite person around here."

"Oh! Gotta go to class!" Piper chirped, "Period 1 math for me!"

She skipped away and that's when Annabeth realized English was on the second floor. And she was running late. She ran around like a headless chicken because this was a new school and she had no one to tour her because it was so last minute. Annabeth barreled through someone and heard a masculine voice yell.

"Watch it!"

Annabeth turned around to see cold, unreadable, sea-green eyes.

"Some of us want to live around here," he continued, sass rolling off of his tongue like stones.

She ignored him, racing up the stairs.

"Popular jerk..." she muttered under her breath.