Chapter 25 || 3 Years Later

ANNABETH CHASE

Harvard. Hello, Harvard. Annabeth was busy in her apartment, studying away. Yep. You know her. She uncapped a sea-green marker and was painfully reminded of Percy. No, Annabeth. Don't think about that. Don't. He's gone. Moved on. And you couldn't save him.

"Annabeth?"

Mary, her roommate walked in.

"What?" she asked.

"Just wanted to know what you were doing."

"Oh," Annabeth said, "Just finishing a project. It's a new house. Wanna see?"

She showed her the picture.

"Whoa," she said, "It's actually really good! Do you wanna see mine?"

She showed Annabeth hers and Annabeth gasped out of jealousy. Not painful jealousy--well, partially because Mary and Annabeth didn't get along too well--but the kind where you want it so bad.

"Wow, that's even better than mine!" she smiled.

"I know," Mary said, walking over to her place in the dorm.

Shrugging it off, Annabeth continued. Mary was a rather proud person and she didn't wanna burst her bubble. Annabeth finished hers and tucked it safely in a plastic cover for tomorrow.

"Why is it sea-green?" Mary asked suddenly.

"Hm?" Annabeth turned to her.

"Why is the house sea-green? It's pretty, don't get me wrong, but why sea-green?"

She paused. Annabeth had never spoken about Percy to anyone. Not even the new friends she had made at Harvard.

"Uhm..." she said, uncomfortable, "It's because it's made for a person I knew in high school... and his eyes were this beautiful sea-green color. We weren't dating, before you try and say it, but... we became sorta friends. I dunno. I hated him."

"But you can't be friends with someone you hate," Mary frowned, sitting down on her bed, "Whatever."

She took out a book and began to read. Annabeth sighed, checking the time. 6:00 PM. She decided to text her friend, Lindsay.

AC: Hey, you wanna get some dinner at that Chinese place down the street?

LT: Sorry! I'm with Jacob right now and we're going on a date tonight... We'll hang out another time, okay?

AC: It's okay :) Have fun on your date!

LT: Ty! Luv you!

Annabeth sighed, texting her other friend, Sarah.

AC: Hey, you wanna get some dinner at that Chinese place down the street?

SH: Sorry, I'm with Derek right now on a date... We're having dinner at this fancy restaurant and I really don't wanna miss out on all the food :)))

AC: Okay! Have fun on your date! :)

She looked to her last contact. Faith.

AC: Hey, you wanna grab some dinner?

FD: Sorry, Annabeth :) Busy with Cam on a date. Talk to you soon okay? Sorry... he's throwing some temper tantrum right now because I took too long to get ready and we missed the Percy Jackson concert.

AC: It's okay :)

Annabeth sighed, getting off her phone.

"I'm gonna go on my date now," Mary said, "Bye!"