Chapter 10 || Going Places

ANNABETH CHASE

Annabeth heard the door swing open, and there was Percy. He looked a bit dazed, as if he had seen something he shouldn't have.

"Hey," Piper waved cheerily.

Percy, not looking up from the floor, waved absently. Hazel frowned, staring at her cousin.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

Percy's head shot up and a grin broke out on his face. Very. Very. Wide.

"Yeah! Yeah! I'm... uhm... I'm great! Never better!"

Hazel smiled.

"Good," she said finally.

Percy let himself not smile, the coldness in his eyes returning. There was something churning in the sea...

"I'm... I'm gonna go," he said, "Be down in a few I just... forgot something."

He raced up the stairs like a mountain lion was chasing him.

PERCY JACKSON

The moment he got into his room, he ran to the bathroom to stare himself down in the mirror. Percy let his thoughts kick in. He clenched his fists and his teeth. He forced himself to ignore any signs of pain on his body.

Be strong, Percy. Don't let it show. No one needs to know. It's just you and yourself. Keep it all inside. Push down those emotions. Cold face. Stone mask. Keep everything hidden. No one cares. Not even YOU should care. Just stop. Stop being a baby. Stop being weak.

He opened his eyes again and he could see the stone return to them. Percy brushed his hair and cleaned off any sweat that had gotten on his face. Walking down the stairs, he felt... better. Actually, he had blocked the emotions so he had no idea how he felt.

"Let's go," Percy said, grabbing his hoodie, "We're probably gonna go see the football game at the stadium."

That's it, Percy... Strong.

ANNABETH CHASE

When Percy came down, Annabeth could immediately see his ocean eyes seemed to be frozen over. Like Antarctica or the North Pole. He put on his hoodie and they all followed him out into the elevator. Pressing the button, she heard the familiar 'ding' that said they were going down. Percy leaned against the wall of the elevator, eyes down at the floor, deep in thought. Leo was busy nodding off on Percy's shoulder.

Hazel glanced at the two, rolling her eyes and turning over to Frank. Meanwhile, Jason and Piper were making hot eye contact the whole entire ride. Annabeth just wondered... Didn't that just make them uncomfortable? They got to the garage.

"Uhm... where are your cars?" Hazel frowned, looking around.

"This section," Percy said, walking over to a place in the garage with the floors and walls painted sea-green.

Annabeth felt her eyes widen when she saw the collection. Percy had a blue Ferrari sports car with blazing sea-green lights that lit up the floor when you got in. Next to it was a vintage Cadillac, with a baby blue paint and a light sea-green strip down the front. Next to that, was a Rolls Royce passenger car in all white, and lastly, a Rolls Royce Cullinan in black.

"How many cars do you own?" She stared at them all as Piper was staring at them.

"One, two, three, four. Four cars."

"Nah, he's got more over there," Leo pointed.

Percy rolled his eyes.

"That's what happens when you co-own multiple car companies," Percy raised an eyebrow, "You get random ones."

"So you co-own them?" Annabeth asked.

"Yeah," Percy shrugged, "My dad like... bought one of the companies and I used that company's profits and bought part of the others."

Okay, this person was dumb as hell... but in this case he was being smart.

"It's called oblivious, not dumb," Percy said as they all got in the car.

Annabeth covered her mouth. Okay, she really needed to stop saying things out loud. They drove out of the garage and in the streets of New York. As Annabeth scrolled through her phone, she frowned as a notification popped up on News.

PERCY JACKSON SPOTTED WITH SEXY GIRLFRIEND RENEE BALDWIN ON A DATE

Below the title, there was a picture of Percy wearing a light blue tuxedo, holding hands with Renee, who was wearing a pink dress and some fluffy pink boa along with pink stiletto high heels. They seemed to be walking down the street. Another picture showed them at a restaurant having sushi and them laughing. For some reason, Annabeth found herself clenching her jaw.

Percy Jackson, singer, actor, and businessman was spotted with his alleged girlfriend, Renee Baldwin, model and daughter of Eric Baldwin, who is the owner of Dior currently. The couple took a trip to Sushi Nakazawa, one of New York's best sushi restaurants.

Below, was a video and she curiously clicked on it, making sure her earbuds were plugged in.

"Renee Baldwin! Percy Jackson!"

Lights and cameras were flashing. Percy paused as he was eating his California roll and Annabeth noticed he wasn't eating any of the fish sushi, only the ones with no fish.

"What are you doing?! Get out of here!" Renee's bitchy voice cut through the microphone.

Percy said nothing, only smiled at the camera.

"Percy Jackson what is it like dating Renee Baldwin?"

"Personal much?" Percy asked sassily.

"Get out of here!" Renee exclaimed, using her boa to hit the cameraman, "You have no right to be filming me right now! Get out! We're trying to have privacy!"

Percy reached out.

"Renee, calm dow--"

Renee whacked him in the face.

"No! They're being annoying and they won't leave! I've told you bitches to get out!" she exclaimed.

Percy held his cheek for a few seconds before running a hand through his messy black hair that looked good as fuc--Annabeth... SHUT UP.

"Sorry about her," he sighed to the camera, "She's... She's grumpy... today."

"SECURITY! SECURITY! COME TAKE THESE PEOPLE AWAY!" Renee was screeching.

Percy put his face in his hands, clearly embarrassed by how his face was flushing red. Renee groaned when the security pretended not to hear her.

"Look, Renee, it's all gonna be okay," Percy said, clearly done, "Just relax and eat your sushi."

Renee walked over, kissing him straight on the lips. The cameras flashed even more fiercely.

"You always know what to say," she winked before her face turned red again, "SECURITY! SECURITY!"

Annabeth shut off the video, disgusted by what she saw.

And Renee Baldwin whacked Percy Jackson in the face! What do you think? Is Percy Jackson dating the wrong girl? Or does he deserve it?

She scrolled through the comments, furrowing her brows.

KKCutie23: No way in HELL does Percy need to deal with that mess. He should date someone else.

OpiePessie45: I've seen Renee before in public. She's not always like this. I think they're perfect for each other.

CCCCCCCCCJ0: Percy deserves someone better than that bitch! Move on, Percy! She's mean!

BillsBillsBills34: Guys stop hating on her and Percy they love each other and that's enough. She was just upset that they're invading her privacy and that's true she has every right.

Annabeth turned off her phone.

"We're here," Leo said, "FOOTBALL!"