Chapter 22 || A Few Secrets Revealed

ANNABETH CHASE

"Annabeth?" She looked down, hoping it was Percy, but it was just Leo. "Annabeth, you really should take a break or something. There's no need to worry about your future boyfriend."

"Leo stop," Annabeth shook her head, "He probably doesn't like me anymore after that fight. I kinda feel like I'm the one who did this to him."

"And you know how I know he definitely still likes you?" Leo asked, sitting down next to her, "Is that you cared about him enough to say that."

"You know Percy's never gonna get rid of Renee, right?" She looked into Leo's brown eyes.

"Maybe," Leo admitted, "But eventually, maybe he'll come around. Percy's not one to hold deep grudges unless it's something really bad. Like what Jackie did to him."

"What did she do?"

"I can't say. I promised him I wouldn't say it and I'm keeping my promise. Because trust is something Percy doesn't do well with."

Annabeth frowned, looking over at Leo.

"What do you mean?"

"I can say one thing, not about Jackie, but about Percy. He has trust issues and Renee has proven to him that she's a loyal girlfriend. That's why he's with her. And that's why he's refusing to let her go."

She could only stared at Leo as he said those words.

"You know, you're such a sage," she joked.

"Even if you're the wise girl?"

"Yeah. That just means you're an old wise boy."

"Hey!" Leo pouted indignantly.

Annabeth laughed and heard more groaning.

"NO! GABE, STOP!" Percy was thrashing. "GABE! NO!"

"What's happening?!" she exclaimed, running to Percy's side, trying to calm him down.

"I'll get the nurses," Leo said, dashing out of the room.

Two nurses came back and quickly turned up the calming agents, letting Percy's body come to a rest.

"Gabe..." he whimpered.

"What's going on?" Annabeth demanded.

"It's PTSD. If we're correct, he's reliving his worst memories that have caused PTSD."

She stared in horror at the shakily breathing sleeping form of the person who she thought was unbreakable. Now, Annabeth didn't know who he was.

PERCY JACKSON

He was with Gabe now, gone with Jackie. But somehow, the knife she had stabbed in his stomach was still there, hurting like Hades. Gabe was on top of him, belt ready. His mother was out for work and Gabe was the only one here.

"Give me all your money, punk," he said, extending his arm.

"You're gonna beat me either way," he grunted, "I might as well keep it, but I don't have any."

"If you give it to me, your beating will be less painful," Gabe promised.

Percy emptied his pockets, only to show no pocket change.

"Nothing," he said.

Gabe growled, grabbing him by the hair. He whipped Percy once, twice, three times with his nasty belt. He was bleeding, bruised. Gabe punched him right in the ribs, sending him flying across the room, hitting the fridge. Percy's body fell on top of a broken beer glass, which cut into his skin. Gabe cackled as he took Percy by the collar, taking out a crowbar.

"Just got this baby," he smirked.

His eyes widened and Gabe began to beat him with it.

"NO! GABE STOP! GABE! NO!" Percy screamed in pain.

"THAT'S IT! SCREAM FOR MERCY! EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT GIVING YOU ANY!"

"AHHH!" Percy screamed as his blood was openly flowing out onto the floor.

He had blacked out after that, but it quickly transitioned to a different setting. He was somewhere in a dark room and saw Annabeth, Renee, and Jackie. They all stared at him with malicious grins.

"W-What's happening?" he asked shakily.

"Aw," Jackie said, "I told you I didn't love you but I didn't expect this many people to not love you!"

"What are you doing, Jackie?" he asked.

"Don't ask Jackie," Renee walked forward, "Ask me."

"Renee? What--"

She punched Percy in the face.

"You're a sucker, Percy," she cackled and walked away from him, her back disappearing in the blackness until he couldn't see her.

Jackie walked up, pushing the knife she had thrown deeper into his body. Percy screamed in pain before she, too, walked away, disgust showing in her eyes.

"And to think you thought you could trust me," Annabeth said, walking forward.

Then, she took a sword out and cut his head clean off. All Percy could do was look at her in hurt and betrayal before his eyes snapped open to a white ceiling.

Percy took deep breaths, taking in what was around him. He was in a hospital outfit under white sheets with drips attached to him. No one was in the room, so he pulled the drips out, turning them off. Sitting up, he processed everything. That's when the door opened and Jason, Piper, Hazel, Leo, and Annabeth walked in. They all stared at him. 

He couldn't move. So he stared back. Everything was silent until Annabeth started forward. Percy's breath caught in his throat and he could feel his breathing getting faster. Leo put his arm out, stopping her.

"Stop," he whispered to her, looking at Percy. "Percy, it's okay. It was just another episode, okay? It's all okay. You're safe. You're not hurt or anything. Everyone loves you and Gabe is gone. It's okay."

ANNABETH CHASE

Annabeth stared in shock at Percy. His eyes showed the fear of a hunted animal, darting between each of us, suspicion glinting in his sea-green orbs. She started to take a set towards him, but Leo put his arm out. Percy's wild gaze was focused on her.

"Percy, it's okay," Leo said slowly, "It was just another episode, okay? It's all okay. You're safe. You're not hurt or anything. Everyone loves you and Gabe is gone. It's okay. Nothing in your dream was true."

Percy's breathing slowed and the wildness in his eyes disappeared. He nodded and Leo beckoned us to follow, sitting down next to him.

"So... how are you feeling?" she asked.

The moment he saw Annabeth, a mix of emotions crashed through his eyes. Hurt, pain, shock, happiness, and frustration. He didn't answer for a long time before he shrugged.

"I've been better."

"Do you wanna tell us what happene--" Frank started but Percy quickly cut him off.

"No."

"Percy, keeping it all in isn't helping you," Leo whispered and Percy's gaze focused on Leo, "You need to let it out. And you can trust all of us."

Percy's eyes darted between each and every one of them.

"I can't trust anyone," he shook his head.