Chapter 6 || Hanging Out

JASON GRACE

Here Jason was. Doing something stupid. He should've seen it coming when Thalia made the dare. Jason had lost the bet, so he shouldn't have even taken it. Did that even make sense?

-FLASHBACK-

"Jason! Jason, come over here!" Thalia yelled.

"What?" he raced over, Frank and Hazel hard on his heels.

"I bet you Chiron is watching Ninja Horses 2 in anime!" Thalia hissed.

"Please! Chiron? Look, I know you've been a tree here and I just came here, but I know for a fact that Chiron is NOT watching anime. I bet you that's for sure."

Thalia raised her eyebrow.

"Really? You bet?"

"Yeah," Jason shrugged.

"I bet, too," Hazel said.

"Me, too," Frank shrugged.

"Loser has to do something terrible they decide for themselves."

"High school," he stated, "Because I know I'm not gonna lose. Chiron's old! He probably doesn't even know what anime is!"

"Fine," Thalia shrugged, "High school it is. Should we find out?"

She had this mischievous glint in her electric blue eyes.

"If only Percy was here to see this," Hazel whispered to him and Thalia and they both chuckled.

"What?" Frank frowned.

"Oh, nothing. Just talking about our cousin."

"Oh," Frank nodded.

Thalia quickly electrocuted the lock and burst the door open. There was Chiron in a ninja suit with anime horses with ninja suits playing, sipping a blue slushy. He froze, staring at them. Thalia smirked, staring at Jason, Hazel, and Frank.

"So it's a bet? High school?"

He groaned.

-FLASHBACK OVER-

"This is a nice apartment," he commented.

Piper had invited them over after school to hang out, and of course, they accepted because they were... sorta friends?

"Thanks," Piper said, running a few fingers through her choppy brown hair, gently brushing the feather in it.

"So... why a feather?" Jason asked.

Piper whirled around.

"What?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"There's a feather in your hair. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but... why a feather?"

Piper shrugged, looking to the floor.

"Well, my dad's Cherokee--"

"Like a Native American tribe?"

"Yeah," Piper said, her face turning pink, "I just don't like to talk about it because a lot of the girls in my old school bullied me for being Cherokee."

Jason put a hand on her shoulder and was about to pull away when he decided he was already submerged in the situation and pulling away would only be more awkward.

"I think it's cool, Piper. In fact, there's an actor who's Cherokee who has the same last name as you," he said, remembering seeing a movie with the actor, Tristan McLean in it.