Chapter 28 || The Cat Fight

PIPER MCLEAN

They marched over and the first thing Piper did was slap Percy. He stared at her.

"Ouch!" he exclaimed and she felt her eyes widen in surprise.

He sounded a lot happier than he did in high school. Annabeth stared at Piper and she delivered a slap to her arm.

"Why didn't you tell me you two were dating?!" she exclaimed.

"We just started a week ago," Annabeth defended.

"She found me at a bar," Percy added, grinning cheekily.

"Unimportant, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth hissed, putting a hand on his cheeky face.

"Hey!" he cried, moving his face so that Annabeth's palm wasn't squishing it.

"But you could've told us! Where's Leo?"

"Oh, Leo? He's on a date with a girl he found on Tinder. He keeps complaining and saying that they're all weird. But that's Tinder," Percy chuckled.

"Just let him build a metal woman to date," Annabeth joked.

Suddenly, Leo stormed in, looking mad. Then, behind him... Renee. Renee froze when she realized that every one of them was at the dim sum place.

"She was my Tinder date!" Leo rampaged before he realized. "Oh..."

Renee and Percy were staring at each other.

"Renee..." Percy trailed off, not sure what to say.

"Percy?" Renee whispered.

Then, she raced out of the restaurant.

"Renee!" Percy got up and ran after her.

Piper facepalmed. Seaweed Brain. Annabeth was staring at where he was, running out of the restaurant.

"PERCY!" she yelled, her face red with anger.

They all followed her out of the restaurant to see Renee hugging Percy, crying in his shoulder.

"Why did you dump me?" she cried.

"It was best, Renee. I'm sorry. I really am. I just... I saw something that was a sign we weren't made for each other."

"PERCY!" Annabeth yelled again, fury dancing in her eyes.

Percy looked up, his face showing pure confusion. Renee looked up, anger pulsing in her gaze.

"It's because of her!" Renee growled, walking forward.

"Renee, don't--" Percy started but Annabeth ignored her, simply walking forward.

"I thought I told you to forget about Renee!" Annabeth slapped him, "That was a bad influence on you and you can't stay away! I thought you were loyal, Percy! I guess you are. Loyal to the one bad thing that happened in your life. We've only been going out for a week and this is what you did."

"You can't just expect me to forget about her!" Percy fought back, "You've never had an ex, Annabeth. You've never. It doesn't go away that quickly--"

"YOU!" Renee slapped Annabeth right across the face.

Annabeth stumbled back before kicking Renee right in the stomach. Renee doubled over.

"STOP!" Percy yelled desperately.

The two girls began to fight on the floor, punching, kicking, biting, slapping.