Chapter 8

Goddess
" Mr Baron had some heavy words for me today " he said .

" how did it go by the way?" I asked as I helped him set the wine on the table while he held the glasses .

" let's have a seat "
I sat on the couch , he sat next to me holding my hand .

" well the case is still going on , good news is there is no evidence that I was aware of who I was dealing with was doing some batshit Business. So the released the cars , Baron is making plans to have the cars taken back and the money given to me so I can pay back to the bank"

" that's some great news "

" now for the bad news . We still lose our house to pay the interest . I am really sorry baby. I wish I wouldn't have done business with that fool it's all my fault none of this would have happened "

I held his hand and kissed it .
" am still here , and always here ... who cares of we lose the house . I cherish every moment we have and spend. You and I together ... we will get back up .One day we will be everyone's dream and goal . You got me through the worst , that was the best thing you every gave me . It's all that matters ."

He cuddled me closer to him .
" your words mean so much to me baby"

" thank you for being you "

" thank you for being the best " he replied.

" speaking of your ex "

" he's your ex too" he replied.

" both of our ex then"
He chuckled.
" he gave us an invitation card to his wedding"
I got up reaching for my purse.
I missed my sit and landed on his lap.
He wrapped his hands around my waist.
" the gods heard my prayer to have you sit on me "
I gave him the card .

" he's marrying Castro, am happy for him especially after he saved your life "

" Castro?"

" yes, he did some hand thing on you and you coughed back to life ."

" I owe him my life "

" I am really sorry I left the bathroom and ..."

" Damien ,it's okay , it's all in the past am alive and well now "

I turned on to Netflix so we could watch a series.
" sex life... sounds interesting"I said

" let's watch it then"

He clicked on it .
I sat between his legs, I hope I don't doze off ,he's so cozy and masculine, comfortably warm.

**************************

Nate
" I wasn't expecting to see you "

"I was in town , heard you were doing your wedding this weekend thought of dropping by and wishing you the best"

He took off his glasses.
"aren't you supposed to be in a business meeting?"

"already did , got awards for it ... boring .Am looking into trying something fresh "

"Is there anything you haven't tried "

"well... "

"see, "Brandon stated .

" well it's not about me , how have you been? It's been long since I saw my brother"

" been good , tending to patients, planning a wedding. It's stressful but am glad Castro is helping me out."

I scanned on his desk as he got up to answer a call . My eyes caught a file next to his pendulum.
On it was written " Goddess Carter Kalahari "
Is that a real name or a nick name?
No way it's a real name absolutely no way.
I took it with interest and opened it.
On the front page was a picture of a very beautiful African lady, she was looking at the camera with a bright smile and a dimple forming on her cheeks. Her smile made me feel like the sun was shining so beautifully on my face. Like that telly tubby baby on every tellytubies episode laughing as the series is about to end .

Her impeccable beauty was drinking me in .
Goddess Carter Kalahari
Married to Damien Carter Nathaniel
Occupation: Military sergeant

She's married, dang why are the good ones taken . Oh her husband and I are namesakes . Interesting though am Nathan ...is it the same thing?
"stalking my files already" Brandon remarked as he took it from my hand.He threw it into his drawer and shut it.Seems she's his favorite one , with that hotness I see why .
" you know her?"

"yes , she's my client"

"other than that"

He sighed.
" just that"
I know something is going on , am nosey ,I will find out .

" come on bro , tell me ? Are you inlove with her"
His eyes strikingly shot at me .
I had my answer.
"so you do love her "

"it was a long time, my ex and I both fell inlove with her . But he was very much into her than I "
Love triangle... this is sweeter than a Mexican soap opera.

"and so you let him have her"

"yes, he seems happy and I am happy for them too"

"but deep down you still have feelings for her ".

" my love for her is permanent.My goal is to help her get better
the war must have damaged her .I really wish she never went at all"

He sighed .
Suddenly as if a light bulb lit above my head an idea came into life .
Brad noticed it too .
" whatever that's popping in your head don't even think about it."

" Is that her real name. "

" yes , her mom is Kenyan her dad is African American, a bastard of a man that wasted his lifetime from being a good father to her . She was named after her mother's favorite destination Kalahari, and Goddess was because of her undeniable beauty"

" you do know quite about her don't you "

" yes , I do. Goddess is the most beautiful woman I had ever set my eyes on . " he said distractedly with a warm smile on his face , his mind was elsewhere recalling a sweet memory
My idea kept lingering in my head , growing bigger and bigger .
I will call my team over .I think we may have just found what we are looking for.

" I need to get going for the rehearsal and cake tasting." he said .

" well you could invite her to your wedding if you are all cool with each other "

" I did "

I wasn't really planning on attending but now I reconsider my decision and will attend.
This whole story is sweet ,I am here to see how it all plays out .
"so let me get this straight, you were dating a guy that ended up with his girl who you ended up falling inlove with?"

"yes. "

" how ?Help me understand"

" I was inlove with Damien we were in a relationship but one day I noticed he was texting someone not that we had any issues in our relationship. We sometimes had threesomes , explored outside but this was very different . As we had sex that night, when he came he called her name . He would sleep talk and call her name.I wanted to know who she is ,that's making him go insane to a point he was always thinking about her. Whenever she went on a date with some other guy Nate would be very protective and jealous. I could tell he had something for her .So I gathered info on where she lived . I went to see her face to face .When she opened the door.I was in awe. She was the most beautiful lady I had ever seen .Like the Egyptian goddess of beauty and ever lasting youth. She was delicious that I couldn't help but kiss her mid conversation. I don't know why but I just felt like doing it. From that moment I understood why Damien was so into her , I too began to think about her .I couldn't wipe her away from my memory. She was stuck on me . Damien and I began to sleep with her, spend time with her , we tried to make us work but she was bigger than us. Damien loved her so dearly . I wanted him happy that's why I broke up with him and kicked him out . He deserved her he met her first ."

I must see this girl , she must be something.
" why couldn't you both have her , polygamous relationships are allowed"

" I don't think she was ready for that besides she's happy with Damien ".

" and are you happy with Castro?"

" yes I am "