Chapter 14

Goddess.
I sighed.
" Excited about your first day at work" he asked as he sipped his orange juice .
" yes, and nervous too. I don't know how it will go, what if they don't take me in? Then I will look like a clown"

" no you will not , look at you , looking so beautiful in that pencil skirt and cream tight top. You look sexy baby, ready to get down to business" .

" will they allow braids ?"

"ofcourse they will. You have to stop worrying , everything will go smoothly you will see . Your braids are great, "

" what of you , are you going to court today?"

" No need to, I have a few meetings to attend to , it's going to be a busy day " he said.

He held my hand and kissed it, right next to the diamond wedding ring .
" it will be well don't worry. I can drop you off if its okay "

" really?" I asked .

"yes "

We brushed our teeth. I packed a few items into my purse . I feel like I look too professional for a stylist .
I couldn't believe I actually got the job.

I cancelled today's therapy so I could dash to my new job .
Brad is not going to be happy. I didn't even call him. Once I am done with work I will call him .
My hands were shaking as Damien drove .
My heart thudding so loud I couldn't hear myself breath.
" baby you have to relax you got this okay"

" yes "
The location stated .
Rio Towers.
One of the highest sky scrappers in the city.
Never been to one but the stories I hear about it are too classy.
It's where the wealthiest meet .
The richest men in all of Georgia.
The building stood majestically tall high up above the skies.
It's glass windows praising the beauty of the sky .
Damien parked the car .
" this is one hell of a place "

" indeed , I should get going , maybe my new boss is an angry bird waiting to bark at me for being late"

" I hope not . No one barks at my baby "

I chuckled .
I smooched him and took my purse.
Shutting the car door behind me . I waved at him.
He waited until I vanished into the entrance to drive off.
Inside the entrance , all my eyes could see was gold and silver on everything.
The floor black Crystal clear marble tiles , the walls snow white smooth painting. Everything looked so rich. Everyone looked like they were shooting peaky blinders.
" Mrs Carter " came a voice
I turned around.
" yes " I replied.
A dark haired Caucasian girl stood with her hands folded to her front .
" follow me this way please " she said .
I followed her , she walked into the elevator, she didn't speak anything to me she just looked forward like she was a robot .
'ding ' the elevator stopped at the thirteenth floor .

It looked more futuristic .
Everything was plain white , not a single sight of dirt or dust . A breath of fresh lavender filled the air . Healthy plant pots on each side of the way .
She stopped infront of a coffee mahogany door .

She gestured me to enter , but from the looks of it she wasn't going in with me
I pushed the heavy door open. Careful not to fall. I was wearing heels and a pencil skirt with no panties .
I don't like those panty lines on skirts .

I closed the door behind me.
It was an office with the city view.
It's almost like I was in Fifty shades of grey once again.

" Mrs Carter "
I turned to my right.

It was him! The man that was staring at me at Brad and Castro's wedding.
His grey eyes looking directly at me , like a lion waiting to see what next move I will make despite how defenseless I am ,just for the pleasure of it.
I had to think fast, seems he's enjoying how nervous I look. His eyes darting all over my body .I knew this outfit was too much . This is why I should not let Damien pick out any outfit for me
What would Damien do ? What would the Goddess do had this been the commander?

He would be calm and offer a greeting.
I let out my hand.
" Good morning , Am Goddess Carter" I said .
Oh no! I know I sounded stupid .
" I already know your name" he replied coldly.

I cleared my throat.
" thank you for the job , I really appreciate"

He looks so familiar, it's like I have seen him already not even at the wedding.
Like I really know him.
He walked to where I stood.
My military instincts tell me not to move and stand still.
He stopped an inch from me.
" I like my schedule on time, no tardiness , all my meetings in order . My coffee with no sugar, no interruptions when I am not in work mode . All documents in order. My emails sorted out by date and junks cleared off from the archives" He listed .
His tone was low , husky but with a little bit of something erotic to it.

Wait did he just say Meetings and sorting of his files ?
" I am sorry sir but ,I didn't apply to be a personal assistant. This is some kind of mistake ." I said .

" the pay is 1000$ with maternal leave and health allowance" he said .

I can definitely not say no to that.
I do have a little bit of experience in being a personal assistant.
I used to be Damien's PA before being posted to serve.
At first we were unbeatable , a great team but he couldn't concentrate . He couldn't help but get hard hence work would slow down so I had to step down.
It's a bad idea working with your significant other , nothing really gets done at the right speed . Luckily I was a worker bee .
I made sure all papers were in order ,our licenses renewed, insurances paid for. No stone was left unturned when it came to organizing my husband's work.
" so what do you say?"

" yes " replied.

" good , your office is right there " he pointed .

His office is adjacent to mine he could walk in any time as he wishes. If I come late he will see me as the main door is his too.

" if you need any more help ask Cassandra" he said as he walked back to his desk .
Well then time for me to get down to business.