Chapter 01

Ang pagpili ng heels para ring paghahanap ng makakasama mo habang buhay. 'Yung babagay sa'yo. 'Yung makakaya kang samahan hanggang sa huling lakad mo at syempre 'yung makakapagparamdam sa'yo ng comfort.

Kailangan hindi masikip... hindi sobrang higpit. Parang tao lang din 'yan, na kapag mahigpit ang pagkakakapit ay nakakasakal. Maaaring magdulot ng sugat.

Hindi 'yung maluwag na hindi makakakapit nang maayos. Maluwag... na madaling mawala. Madaling makabitaw kasi maluwag ang pagkapit. Hindi secured.

Dapat nasa tama lang. Hindi gaanong masikip at hindi rin gaanong maluwag. Balanced kumbaga. Parang dalawang taong magkarelasyon— walang nalalamangan at walang naiiwan.

"Wala na bang stocks ng ganitong style?" I looked at the sales lady but I immediately turned my gaze to the heels that I had checked earlier.

My boss instructed me to check the shop of The Heels, where I was working. She wanted to know if the sale was okay here and if there were still stocks of heels to buy.

"Wala na po, ma'am. Isa po 'yan sa mga top sales," the sales lady replied.

I just nodded at her and looked at the other heels there. I checked to see if it was okay, and when I found that it was, I returned it right away. I just kept doing it with the other heels, and every now and then I'd ask the allocated sales lady if there were any stocks.

When I made sure there were no problems and everything was fine, I smiled at the sales ladies.

"Well, I guess, everything is fine. I'll see you again. Take care!" With a big smile, I said to the sales ladies and said goodbye, they did the same to me.

I came out with a smile on my face and walked away with confidence in myself.

"Charlotte," the smile gradually faded from my lips when I heard that familiar voice.

I faced him with a raised eyebrow but also immediately continued walking. "If you come here to coax me, I'm sorry to say but I still have a job,"

"Charlotte, it's not what you think, okay? Tinulungan ko 'yung babae kaya mo kami nakitang magkahawak ang kamay," he explains further.

Lucas, my boyfriend. Wala nang ibang inisip at inalagaan kung hindi ang kotse niya. Hindi ko nga alam kung sino ba talaga ang girlfriend niya. Ako o 'yung kotse niya?!

I ignored him and just kept walking until I reached the outside of the shop inside the mall and reached the parking lot. I immediately looked for his car. When I spotted it, I ran up to it and kicked it.

"Hey, stop it!" Lucas yells at me, now running towards his car.

He pulled me away from his car and I pushed away his hand that was holding me.

"Charlotte, what's wrong with you?!" he shouted at me and even peeked at the part where I kicked his car.

I marched away from that place, disgusted, leaving him there. Nakita ko pa siya na hinipan 'yung parte ng kotse na sinipa ko at pinunasan.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am Charlotte!" nakangiting bati sa akin ng Security Guard na si Kuya Romel nang makarating ako sa office building ng The Heels. Tumingin lang ako sa kaniya at yumuko naman siya.

I walked into my office, bad mood can be seen because of that annoying Lucas. Sana hindi na siya nag-girlfriend kung puro naman kotse niya ang iniisip niya. Walang kwenta!

"Cha, tawag ka ni Madam Grace..." I was just sitting in my swivel chair and barely closed my eyes when I heard the voice of Jilyn, my officemate.

I took a deep breath first before standing up and walking towards Madam Grace's office.