Chapter 23

"Ano kayang announcement?"

Jilyn was whispering to me and I chose not to answer her question. We were just waiting for Madam Grace here at the meeting hall. Biglaang meeting ito at kinakailangan daw na pumunta ang lahat.

When our boss arrived, she was smiling widely as if she won a lottery. I just stared at her and retained my posture. I am not smiling, just enough to notice that I am not in the mood.

"It's sure that the company will extend to Singapore. Also, I would like to tell all of you that Charlotte and Wyne are the chosen to be the head there... If they will accept the offer, of course." She looked at me. "Nasaan si Wyne?" She asked when he noticed that Wyne wasn't around.

I looked around to find Wyne but he wasn't around. "Madam, hinahanap niyo na naman ako," Wyne immediately arrived while catching his breath. Hinihingal siya at para bang tumakbo papunta rito.

He towed the chair on my right side, Jilyn is in my left sight. He sat down there and started to listen to what our boss was saying. "Saan ka galing?" Madam Grace asked.

Wyne acted like he was shocked, he even covered his mouth. "Hindi po tayo talo, Madam!" He said and our co-workers laughed because of his joke.

Our boss just laughed and shook his head. Wyne can throw a joke to Madam Grace, he is the only one who can do that. Ngumiti lang ako nang bahagya at umayos ng upo.

"As I was saying, si Charlotte at Wyne ang napili na maging head sa Singapore. Kung hindi nila tatanggapin, we are going to replace them." She explained.

I was just listening but my mind was thinking about the opportunity. I want to get the opportunity to have a new environment. I really need that for a new beginning.

It's been 1 month since that happened. I am not totally moved on but I was really trying. Jilyn tried to find me a date on a dating app but in the end, I would just offer them a friendship. Minsan na ngang may nag-walk out because of what I am offering. I mean, at least I offered something that will last forever kaysa naman sa love na hindi naman tumatagal at pareho lang kayong masasaktan. They didn't think of that!

"Actually, they're the best partners. Sila rin ang pinakamatagal na rito, so we assumed that they will do better in other countries." Madam Grace was explaining everything to everyone. We were just listening to her.

Marami pa siyang sinabi na hindi ko naman na nasubaybayan dahil lumilipad ang isip ko sa mga maaaring mangyari kung i-a-accept ko ang offer. Napatigil ang pag-iisip ko nang tumawa sila, Wyne is punching a joke again.

"Tama 'yan, tumawa kayo para naman hindi kayo mukhang stress. Kaya minsan nadadamay ako, sinasabi kasi ng mga tao na basta sa The Heels daw nag-ta-trabaho stress," he winced and shook his head.

"Stress daw ako! Sa pogi kong ito?! Impossible!" He smiled proudly as if he really handsome. Little did he know, he's not. Ngumiwi ako nang mag-pogi sign pa ito. Poging-pogi sa sarili.

"Kingina! Kunwari naman agree ka, Charlotte!" He immediately covered his mouth when he realized that he cussed. "Sorry, hehe!" Kinagat niya ang pang-ibabang labi niya at dahil doon ay tumawa ulit ang mga ka-trabaho namin pati na rin ang boss namin. Mukhang siyang clown!

"That's it! Kapag hindi payag ang isa kay Charlotte at Wyne ay papalitan na lang. Okay, that's all. You may go back to your work." She stood up and walked out from the room.

I didn't stand up and remained seated. Itinungo ko ang ulo ko sa long table na nasa harap ko. "Katamad naman," bulong ko sa sarili ko. I really feel that I am lazing, para bang ayoko gumalaw sa kinauupuan ko.

"Hoy, Cha! Ano ka riyan? Uupo ka nalang, ganoon?" I looked at Wyne, he was standing in the door at nakasandal ang likod niya na para bang may inaantay.