"Fantasy novel.." (Penny x Reader)

Photo Credits: oekaki-chan on Tumblr
Written by and Idea: Me •3•

You we're having a pretty nice morning, strolling around doing some errands for your farm. The usual daily errands, going to Pierre's for seeds, passing by the beach to check your crab traps, checking the quarry for some ore, every day is the same but at the same time different. What was different today was that you had something to donate to Gunther. After passing by the beach, you walked inside the library, the crisp cold air welcomed you ask you stepped inside. You see Gunther perk up from his seat and look at the gem you have in your arms. "Are you going to donate that?" he asks, immediately clearing his throat pretending to not care as much. You chuckle in response and nod, knowing that Gunther is always so happy to receive any donation to the museum despite him trying not to show it.

You head over to place the gem somewhere on the display cases, noticing Penny on your way there. You stop on your tracks to look at her, she's sitting cross legged on a plump pillow on the floor, she's too interested in the book she's reading to even notice you. The way her eyes scan the words on the pages and the focused, yet relaxed look on her face brings a smile to your face. You sigh contentedly, and quickly walk over to place the gem in the right shelf.

You then turn around, after fixing up the position of the gem on the shelf, and head back over to where Penny was. You grab a pillow of your own and sit down next to her. You then clear your throat to catch her attention. "wha..hUH?" she turns around and jumps seeing how close you two we're. She stumbled back a bit dropping her book onto her lap. You let out a chuckle, "Did I scare you?" "Oh! Um..yes you did scare me quite a bit. Sorry I didn't notice you Y/N.." Penny says bashfully, looking down at the book on her lap. "Don't worry about it Penny, I was just wondering what book you we're reading." You say, pointing at the book. She looks up, surprised that you we're paying attention to what she was doing, normally everyone would just not notice her or just say a quick hello and move on. "Umm..well i'm reading a fantasy novel.." Penny says, almost ashamed to admit it. You looked up at her, almost shocked at how ashamed she sounded. You put your hand on top of hers, "Could you tell me about it?" You say, almost whispering, giving her a sweet smile.

With a little hesitation at first, she then proceeds to explain to you roughly what the book is about and describe to you the main characters and their adventure. She starts getting more excited talking about it, opening the book and going to the page she's currently on. "Can I read with you?" You ask, honestly interested now in this book, but also wanting an excuse to get closer to Penny. Her eyes widen and she looks at you with a slight tint of pink on her face. "Oh! Yes! If you'd like.." She says hastily, slowing down at the end realizing how fast she agreed. You laugh, trying to release the tension and move your pillow closer to hers and sit down. She then opens the book, putting it in between you two.

You two spend the entire afternoon reading this book, occasionally laughing or mentioning certain things to each other. While reading a page, you feel a weight on your shoulder, looking over to see that Penny fell asleep on your shoulder. You grab the book and slowly close it, trying to not make any noise. You turn over slowly, and kiss the top of her head. You shift back into your sitting position, silently celebrating that she didn't wake up because she looks too peaceful like this and it would pain you to wake her up. You smile at yourself, enjoying this simple moment between you two, and let yourself rest your head on top of hers.

"WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS!!" Gunther shouts in your ears. Penny jumps and falls to the side, making you giggle. "L-lovebirds??" Penny stammers out, looking redder than a tomato. "Well whatever you two are, but you both need to leAVE IT IS CLOSING TIME." Gunther yells, crossing his arms in annoyance. You apologize to Gunther for staying this late and stand up, extending your hand to Penny, who is still on the ground. She grabs your hand and stands up. Gunther angrily stomps back to his desk and you look at Penny and laugh, which she laughs along soon after.

You both head over to the front door hand in hand. "Oh, I should let go now should I.." Penny says, disappointment laced in her voice. You look at her with a kind smile on your face, "How about I walk you home instead?" Her eyes widen once more, the same pink tint coming back to her face. "I would like that Y/N.." she admits, holding your hand just a little bit tighter.