"Sick Day" (Sam x Reader)

Photo Credits: @mono_progress on Twitter

N/N: Nickname

A/N: I have risen from the grave, and ironically, I'm also sick rn. So, have this 🫶🏻

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You groggily open your eyes as your alarm disrupts your well needed sleep. You groan as you roll over in your bed, looking over to check the time.

10:00 a.m

Shit. It's late. What the fuck? You swear you set your alarm for 7:00 a.m. As you go to stand up you feel a wave of dizziness wash over you, making you quickly sit back down. You then realize how sweaty you are, and how sore your throat is, and how stuffed your nose was. For fucks sake, you were sick.

Slower this time, you stand up and make your way to the kitchen where your phone was, you had made plans with your boyfriend, Sam, today but it seems like you won't be able to make it.

*Ring Ring*

"Hello?" You hear Sam's voice on the other side, making you smile a little.

"Morning love, I'm sorry but I won't be able to hang out today, I'm pretty sure I'm sick. I'll see you so-"

He cuts you off, "I'll be there in 5." Before you can say anything, he's already hung up. Oh well, you go ahead and head to the bathroom to at least look presentable for your boyfriend.

Halfway through brushing your hair, you hear exasperated knocking at the door. You walk over to the front door, opening it to see your disheveled boyfriend, gasping for breath.

"Sam? Are you okay??" You ask, sounding somewhat stuffy.

"N/N!! How are you feeling?? I came as fast as I could, but I didn't realize that gravel doesn't really work with skateboards so I just ran but I brought you soup, tea, tylenol, and-"

"Sam, calm down, I'm fine." You say, pulling your boyfriend inside, grabbing the almost overflowing backpack hanging off of one of his shoulders.

"No no no, don't carry that, go lie down, i'll make you some soup." Sam says, quickly taking back the backpack, letting the skateboard he had tucked in his arm fall onto the ground.

"Sam, for real, I'm fine." You say exasperated, to which he holds his finger to your lips. "Shhhhh, go lie down." Defeated, you comply, walking over to your room.

As you lie back down onto your messy, and kinda sweaty bed, you hear noises coming from your kitchen as Sam scrambles around like a mouse. The thought of that makes you giggle to yourself.

...

"N/N!!"

You basically jolt up in your bed as you see Sam come in with a bowl of some kind of soup and a glass of water. "Oh I'm sorry sweets, did I scare you?" He says, concern laced in his voice.

Oh, you guess you fell asleep while Sam made your soup. "Nah, it's okay Sammy." You say, sitting up on your bed, reaching out your hands for the bowl.

"Sorry if it isn't that good, I think I burnt the noodles." Sam says, laughing while anxiously playing with his hair. You give him a small smile and taste the soup.

...

"It tastes like shit." You say, looking up at Sam. "Sam, I love you but like how the fuck do you burn soup." Sam begins to cry out,"I don't know! I swear I left it unattended for like 2 seconds N/N!" Hearing that makes you chuckle, and you put your hand on his cheek. "I still appreciate the thought love."

Damn it, now he's looking at you with those big ass puppy eyes. "Sam." You say, already knowing what he's going to say. "I want to kiss you N/N." He says, pouting. "No Sam." You say, removing your hand from his cheek to keep drinking the soup. "Pleaseeee?" He says, putting both of his hands on your cheeks."

...

Not even a day later, and now you're the one making him soup. You still haven't quite gotten over your sickness yet so now you're both sniffly and gross.

"Hey, look at bright side sweets! At least now I can kiss you all I want because we're both sick!" Sam says, right before sneezing. "Shut up Sam." You say, handing him a tissue before giving him his bowl of soup.

"Yeah, your soup tastes a whole lot better than mine." He says, putting down his spoon and looking up at you. "Yeah, I know." You say, leaning down to kiss his forehead.