"Lil fruity ngl" (Harvey x Male!Reader)

Fanart by: @chimchiri on Tumblr
Requested by: @RavenMonarch

So, you we're having a crisis.

Ever since you had moved into Pelican town, there was a certain doctor that had caught your attention. Harvey, his goofy smile and awkward mannerisms made you fall, and fall hard. However, you had never felt this way for another guy before. No, you we're too masculine for that. You we're a farmer for christ's sake. You spent your days working your ass off outside in the heat, plus, you've had girlfriends before. But, nonetheless, Harvey had wiggled his way into your heart.

You could hardly contain yourself whenever you saw him, heat rushing to your face whenever he looked your way. And every time you beat yourself over it because you knew you weren't gay. You even tried going after one of the girls in town, but no matter how hard you tried, you kept yearning for that silly doctor.

On this particular day, you had checked your calendar sometime after finishing your daily chores, and see that you we're going to be late for your annual checkup with no other than Dr.Harvey himself. You internally screamed, and quickly got ready and ran into town, heading for the clinic. As you ran into the clinic, panting, you look up to see a startled Maru, who seems surprised by your sudden entrance.

"O-oh Y/N! You're just in time!" She says, smiling brightly at you. You smile back at her, making your way inside the clinic. "I'll go ahead and let Dr.Harvey know that you're here." She says, giving you a clipboard and making her way through a door to where Harvey is. As you sign in on the clipboard, Maru comes out with Harvey, and as you give the clipboard back to Maru, Harvey motions you to come with him.

"How was your day Y/N?" Harvey asks, as you two make your way to a room. "Good." You say, bashfully rubbing the back of your neck. Harvey opens the door for you, and you walk in and sit up on the table. "I hope you're not stressing yourself out too much on the farm." Harvey says, looking up to you with a small smile. "I-i'm not, I try to take breaks whenever I can." You say, shifting nervously on the table. Harvey then puts the clipboard he was holding down, and grabs a stethoscope. He makes his way to you, and you try your best to control your breathing. He places the stethoscope on your chest, and listens to your heart. He promptly stops, and furrows his brows. "Your pulse seems a little high." He says, looking directly at you. "Sorry, I'm just nervous." You quickly say, feeling your face warm up. "I understand, but you look pretty red, maybe you have a fever?" Harvey says, quickly turning around to grab his thermometer. "No no! I'm fine, really!" You say, waving your hands dismissively. "Well, as your doctor, I still want to make sure." He says, making his way back towards you. You start thinking of an excuse, while feeling yourself overheat in embarrassment from the closeness. You say Harvey stop in front of you, seeming to be lost in thought. Then, he suddenly thinks of something.

"Are you embarrassed Y/N?" He says, quickly standing upright. You gape at him, wanting the Earth to swallow you whole. "Oh, I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't mean to embarrass you." He says, looking down at the ground, before placing the thermometer back on the table. "It's ok." You say, grabbing onto your knees. For the rest of the check up, Harvey silently worked, and the silence was causing a very thick tension. Every time you both made eye contact, you would break it. And every time that Harvey tried to lighten the mood, it always was in vain. At the end of the checkup, Harvey walked you to entrance of the clinic. "So, you're next appointment is going to be next year, same day, same time." Harvey says, and you nod. He gives you a small smile and turns around to head back into the clinic. You bid Maru good bye and leave the clinic.

...

"How dense can you be Harvey???" Maru yells at Harvey. Harvey is freaking out, flushed in embarrassment. "Y/N has the biggest crush on you!!" Maru says, looking at Harvey with a desperate look. "I didn't know!!" He yells back, moving around so frantically that he almost knocks off his glasses. "It's literally so obvious??" Maru pleads, looking at the dense as a boulder Dr.Harvey. "Oh my Yoba, I ruined it didn't I.." Harvey says, holding his face in his hands. "There's still a chance!! Go after him!" Maru says, practically pushing Harvey out of the door.

...

You had already taken a shower, your hair slightly dripping onto your floor, as you walk over to your kitchen. As you pondered on what to eat, you hear a knock at the door.

*knock knock*

"Harvey??"

"Y/N!! I-I love you!!" Harvey says, panting, as he holds a bouquet of big and bright flowers in one hand, as he uses the other to lean on the doorframe.  You stand there, shocked. "What?" You ask, not completely processing the information. Harvey stands up straight, looking at you. "I'm asking for you to be my boyfriend." He says, literally shaking. You keep standing there, and finally yell, "Yes?? I'd love to be your boyfriend?!" Harvey sighs, and smiles brightly at you. You engulf him in a bone crushing hug, not even thinking about the flowers as Harvey drops them onto the ground. You invite him inside, and as Harvey puts the flowers into a vase, you make food for the both of you.

"I've never felt this way towards another guy." You say, looking up from your food, seeing Harvey meet your eyes, with a mouthful of food. "Me neither!!" Harvey says, laughing. After eating, Harvey insisted on washing the dishes, which you appreciated. Then, you both sat down on your couch and talked, "I always thought you we're straight, so I never said anything." Harvey says, sighing happily. "I also thought I was straight." You say, laughing. Suddenly, Harvey's phone rang.

*ring ring*

"Please tell me you two made up and made out."

"MARU"