"Cave trip.." (Abigail x Reader)

Photo Credits: bluprnt on Tumblr
Written by and idea: Me :]

You trudge into your house, you had just spent the last 3 hours working on the farm, watering your crops, feeding your animals, and then putting all of your hard earned products into the shipping bin. You wipe the sweat of your forehead and head over to the calendar, "What day is it again?..." You whisper to yourself. "Oh shit." you say out loud, today was the day you we're going to take Abigail, your closest friend, mining with you. It took weeks of convincing and begging for you to finally agree to take her into the mines with you, and you completely forgot about it. You quickly drop everything and grab your armor, remembering to grab Abigail some armor as well. As soon as you got everything you started to head over to the mountains...

You enter the entrance of the caves and see her looking down at the hole leading to the first floor. Your sudden entrance causes her to jump. "SHiT. Oh, Y/N it's just you." Abigail says, letting herself relax upon seeing you. "Sorry i'm late Abby, I got caught up with some work." you say, starting to open up your bag and take out the weapons and armor you set aside for her. "Woaahh, that armor looks so cool.." she says, standing up and getting closer to you, admiring the armor you brought for her. You can't help but chuckle at her reaction, "Alright just put this on, take this sword and pickaxe, and these mushrooms. They look gross but you've eaten worse things." You say, looking up at her with a sly smile. She gasps and crosses her arms, "You just don't have good taste!" she says, to which you just hum in response. Once she gets the armor on, you give her a brief explanation of how it was going to go. "Okay, today we're only getting to floor 20. You are going to stay behind me and stay close, I don't want you getting hurt or lost." you say, giving her a serious look. She was going to give back a snarky comment, but seeing how serious you we're being, she didn't say anything.

You both then start climbing down to the first floor, surprisingly, she stays behind you and stays rather aware of her surroundings, spotting out copper and iron ore, and adverting your attention to any incoming slimes or bugs. You take the chance to show her how to attack monsters, using slimes as your examples. Hesitantly, she starts swinging her sword and gets the hang of it rather quickly. Over time, she got more confident in attacking monsters and mining a couple ores, you we're pretty proud of how quickly she learned. "Hey Y/N..." she says, coming up behind you to whisper in your ear. You shudder at how close she is, feeling heat rising up to your face. "Yes Abby?.." you say, not turning around so she wouldn't see how much you we're blushing. "Can we go to floor...80?" she asks, turning you around to face her, with an innocent smile on her face. "Abbyy..we shouldn't go there just yet, you still need to learn a bit more before you can explore that far." you say, trying to stand your ground against her puppy dog eyes. "Please?" she says, grabbing your hands and holding them gently. Being the simp you are, you cave in. "Okay.." you say, sighing.

Before heading down, you go over the ground rules once again, to which she agrees to hastily, just wanting to get to floor 80. You sigh once more and lead her to the elevator. Once you get down there you start exploring that level, obviously, it's much harder than the previous levels, even you we're a little overwhelmed, but it wasn't too much for the both of you to handle. Everything was going really well, you were both slaying monsters, mining ore, and finding pretty cool gems. Maybe it was going to well..once you both went down a few more floors you came across an infested floor. Upon stepping off the ladder, you were immediately swarmed with a group of lava bats, you both swing your swords and fight them off.

"There's a lot of gold ore over there!" Abigail says, walking through to where the gold is, unaware of the amount of monsters on this floor. "Abigail!" You yell, trying to run to where we walked off to. You see her mining a vein of gold ore, unaware a Shadow Shaman was preparing an attack towards her. "Abigail watch out!" You run up to her trying to block the hit, instead getting hit yourself. You feel a pang of pain in your chest as you hunch over, dropping your sword. "Y/N?!" Abigail yells, turning over to you and grabbing your shoulder. The shaman approaches you two, now accompanied with a shadow brute. You look up, seeing your situation, you turn to Abigail, "Run to the elevator and go up! I'll meet you there!" you shout, grabbing your sword. "Y/N are you crazy?! I'm not leaving without you!" she yells, you stand up tall and run to where the Shaman is. You land a blow on the shaman before he could charge another attack towards you, Abigail runs up and shields a blow from the brute before it could get to you. Back to back you both finish off both of the monsters and start running towards the elevator. "Y/N come on!" Abigail shouts, grabbing your hand about to get to the elevator. You start to slow down, the hit from that shaman really starting to take its effect, before you knew it, a red sludge caught up to you, hitting you from behind while also sticking to your boots, making you fall forward. You hit the ground, suddenly starting to see your vision fog up, before you could do anything you we're already passed out, feeling footsteps coming towards you before everything went dark.

"Y/N??..Y/N!!" you hear quietly, starting to see clearer again, you open your eyes to see Abigail hovering over you, tears streaming down her face. "Y/N??..Hey!!" Abigail yells, grabbing your shoulders with both her hands slightly shaking you. "..Abigail?.." you ask, noticing that you're now on the ground floor, just outside of the elevator. "Don't scare me like that! I thought you we're dead!.." she says, chocking up in the middle of her sentence, letting out her sobs. You slowly lift up your hand and put it on her cheek, wiping some of her tears away, "Hey..it's fine, i'm fine. I guess from the impact of the fall I passed out." you say, letting out a small chuckle. Abigail looks at you, and then grabs the back of your head, giving you a long kiss on the lips. "Y/N. Don't ever do that to me again! I really thought that you had died back there, and I thought that I missed the chance to tell you my feelings before you died. I had to fight off that sludge, seeing the love of my life looking lifeless on the ground. I had to drag you into the elevator, checking for your heartbeat at every moment I got, regretting not telling you everything before this moment. I.." Abigail pauses, she then realizes what she just said, and did. She lets go off you, "Wait, I didn't mean to kiss you, I just got so sca-" you interrupted her with a kiss of your own, wrapping your arms around her neck with the little strength you had. "I'm sorry Abby, I really am..but I love you too." You said, now having tears go down your face. She immediately wraps her hands around your waist, burying her head in your shoulder and whispers "I love you" over and over again into your shoulder...

"How about next time, we just stay around floor 20.." you say, after a few moments of silence, just holding each other. "Shut up." Abigail says, wrapping her arms tighter around you.