"Evelyn is a #1 wingwoman" (Alex x Reader)

Photo credits: @mossygator on Tumblr
Requested by: @SourcePlug37

Alex really is a pain in the ass. Merely his presence annoys the shit out of you. Since day 1, his cockiness and ego have had you boiling in rage. Maybe it's the way that he thinks that you can't play football, or the way that he thinks your not the "sports" type. You really just wanted to take that football and shove it up his ass.

Never mind that, today you had received a letter from Evelyn, asking if you could bring her a leek from your farm. Now, you simply couldn't understand how such a sweet, old woman could be related to a jerk like Alex. But nevertheless, you were fond of Evelyn, so you picked a leek up from your garden and headed down the mountain to her house.

On your way there, you couldn't help but wonder, why would she specifically ask you to bring her a leek? Of course you liked the sweet old woman, and you both had pleasant conversations time to time, but this was quite a stretch. She surely could've just posted it on the bulletin board and someone would've brought her one. You suddenly snapped out of your thoughts once you had arrived at 1 River Road.

*Knock Knock*

"Hello? Oh Y/N! It's so nice to see you dear!" Evelyn says, gently pulling you inside before you could say anything. "Good morning Mrs.Mullner!" You say brightly, closing the door behind you. "Oh dear, you can just call me Evelyn, you know?" Evelyn says, giving you a small smile. You nod, "Where do I put this leek?" You say, looking around. "Oh! The kitchen counter works just fine dear." She says, clasping her hands together and looking towards the kitchen. As you head towards the kitchen to set the leek on the counter. You hear Evelyn sigh. "Evelyn?" You say, looking back over at her, "Is everything ok?" 

"Oh yes dear, I just remembered that I needed Alex to come help me with baking the cookies right about now. Would you be a dear and call him for me?" She says, walking towards the kitchen, giving you her very big, sweet smile.

While everything in you just wanted to walk out, you couldn't say no to her sweet face. "Of course Mrs.M-I mean Evelyn." You say, giving her a small smile before making your way down the hallway to where you assumed Alex's room is.

Before even knocking on his door, you hear loud music coming from inside. Hesitating a little, you knock on the door. You had to knock a few times for the music to stop, and to hear his footsteps approach the door. "Yeah grandma?" Alex says, swinging his door open.

...

Holy shit.

Alex is fucking shirtless.

You feel heat rushing to your face as you stare at his chest, his toned muscles and biceps, with a slight hint of abs showing through. Alex, on the other hand, freezes at the door, looking at you like a deer in the headlights.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Alex finally says, still tense as a brick, eyes burning holes into your face. "Um, I- well, your grandma wanted me to call you." You say, refusing to look at him. Still not looking at him, you see from the corner of your eye him awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "Oh ok, thank you." He says, almost shyly, as he walks past you into the kitchen, leaving you dumbfounded for a few seconds.

By the time that you walked back to the kitchen, you see Evelyn and Alex talking, and at that moment you really just notice how soft Alex was talking, he had a small smile on his face and for once didn't look like his usual egoist self. At that moment you felt your view of him change a little, however, you couldn't help drop your eyes back down to his chest, and notice how he was sweating, which made you assume that he was probably working out.

"Y/N?" Evelyn says, turning her attention towards you, making you almost jump in embarrassment. "Yes?" You say, almost too quickly. "I just remembered that I had asked Emily to make me a new cardigan for the upcoming season, and that I had to pick it up today, could you two make the cookies instead?" Evelyn says, and before you could protest, Alex says, "Of course grandma, go ahead." You silently screamed in your mind at the response, but couldn't bring yourself to say something.

As Evelyn leaves the house, an almost uncomfortable silence fills the air as you and Alex go back to just looking at each other, at last, he clears his throat, taking his eyes off of you. "So, we should start making those cookies." You nod, "Yeah, we should." Alex then starts taking out the ingredients for the cookies as you clear the counter, although the silence isn't as uncomfortable anymore, it is still weird. After a few minutes, Alex grabs his phone and puts on some music, which helped ease the mood quite a bit.

"So, why are you actually here?" Alex says, looking up at you while he greases the pan. "Evelyn asked me to bring her a leek, which I'm assuming is for George." You say, meeting his gaze while mixing the ingredients for the cookies. "Oh, okay." Alex says, looking back down at the pan he was greasing. Jesus christ, this tension was killing you. To the point where you were just getting nervous, and before you could notice, you knocked over a bag of flour onto the counter.

"Fuck. Holy shit Alex I'm sorry." You say, picking the bag up and looking at all of the flour spilt on the counter. But Alex stayed quiet, "Alex?" You say.

Before you could turn around to look at him, he scooped up some of the flour on the counter and threw it at your face. "Alex?!" You yelled, almost dropping the bag of flour. You looked up and saw him giggling, "Y/N, you-hehe-got something-heh- on your face." He says, "Oh, you're on." You say, before reaching into the bag of flour and rubbing it in his face.

...

"Oh dear!!"

"Shit."

Evelyn closed the door behind her as you and Alex straighten yourselves out, you two were throwing flour and laughing your asses off for so long that you had completely forgotten about the cookies, which at the moment were still unbaked on the counter.

"It seems like you two had quite a lot of fun." She says, setting her new cardigan on the couch before walking towards you two. Alex had begun to mutter out an apology before being interrupted, "Don't worry dear, let's just get this cleaned up before George gets home so he doesn't throw a fit." She says, giving you both a warm smile.

After you and Alex cleaned up the mess, Evelyn ended up making the cookies, and now you and Alex were sitting on the porch each eating a cookie. "I think I still have some flour in my hair." Alex says, ruffling his hair. You start to laugh, and reply, "If you wouldn't have started it, you wouldn't have flour in your hair." "And if you wouldn't have spilled the flour, I would've never started the flour fight." He says, finishing his cookie to cross his arms at you. "Oh really? If you weren't being so god damn awkward I wouldn't have spilt the flour in the first place." You said, pouting. "Well if you weren't staring at my muscles then maybe I wouldn't have been so awkward." Alex said, meeting your gaze, slightly smirking. Again, you felt your cheeks warm up and you humph before retorting "Well if maybe you weren't shirtless then I wouldn't have been staring."

"Oh yeah?"

Fuck man, you practically could feel him smirking as you refused to make eye contact with him. You then feel his hand gently grabbing your chin, forcing him to look at you.

"You like what you see?"

You swat his hand away, feeling hotter than an oven, you quickly stand up and start making your way back into the house, hearing Alex burst out laughing. Before entering the house, Alex grabs your wrist, making you stop in your tracks.

"Actually though, be honest."

You sigh, knowing there's no escape, you turn around to meet his eyes, and what surprised you is the goofy smile he had on his face, that and his equally blushed face.

"I guess it's nice to look at." You said, shrugging. To that he chuckles before shrugging himself. "I'll take that as a yes." He says, letting go of your wrist but instead wrapping an arm around your waist. "Let's go back inside?" He suggests, cocking his head towards the door. You nod, and you both head back inside together.

"So, are you and my grandson dating now?" Evelyn says upon seeing you two enter. You feel your face heat up once again and Alex just laughs, equally as red as you. In the background you hear George yell, "Who's dating my grandson??"

Maybe Alex isn't so bad after all.