chapter 18

No one's point of view

The LAPD has never been this busy. It seems as though on this specific day Criminals had decided to go rampant.

Ten rape cases were filed. Two kidnapping. Three DUI’s and four murder cases were filed too. Above all that is the Michael Andrews case which is the top priority as certain people paid and were willing to pay more to get it solved.

Christian can’t function without coffee and can’t function in a place where everyone is just saying everything at once. Now put her in a place filled with so much noise and without coffee and you might as well kill her.

Chief Phobes, or rather Linda the bitch according to Christian, has been up her ass about their not so prime suspect anymore, drilling her on why it is important to interrogate her again as she believes that Elizabeth is lying.

For everything that Christian has disliked this woman for, her persistence in questioning Elizabeth and trying to make her look guilty without proof is now the number one reason why she hates her.

“I’m telling you that the girl is guilty and we have to find proof to tie her to this murder” Linda says as she places her hands on her desk and leans forward “you don’t realize the bad name this precinct will get if we don’t have a criminal” she says as she looks Christian right in the eyes.

Bitch. Conniving snake and cheater is usually what Chris describes the woman as, but it seems she forgot to add lowlife and corrupt temptress to the list.

“So you’re telling me right now, as you look into my eyes that Having a good name by convicting someone innocent is better than finding the actual killer?” Christian asks with a look of disappointment on her face.

She knew that people in the world can really be cruel and corrupt, but knowing that she is lead by one of those people is heart-breaking.

“That’s the thing, we have the real killer in our grasp but you’re too busy fucking her to notice!” Linda says, her voice slightly raised, which pisses Chris off even more.

“What I do in my personal time does not concern anyone else. Also, I’d rather be fucking her than you because besides the beauty and brains that she has that you don’t, there is one more thing that separates the two of you, no not one there is more” Christian says, her voice raised as well but slowly decreasing at the end of her statement.

“Oh really, what does that no good, useless, Sold bitch have that I don’t?” Linda asks, letting something slip in her question that she doesn’t notice but Christian does.

“Integrity, dignity and a heart” Christian says, choosing to  the question she wants to ask “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got actual work to do” she says as she gets up from the chair and heads for the door but is stopped in her tracks by Linda’s words.

“Be careful who you mess with. Your little girlfriend isn’t always going to be around” Linda says, smirking as she turns the back of her chair to Christian indicating the end of the conversation.

Linda’s words boggle Christian for the entirety of the day. She’s so out of it that she doesn’t notice the body heading for her direction until they bump into each other.

“Ouch” says the voice, which upon inspection belongs to Selena, who rubs at her forehead “ Watch where you’re going, sonic” she jokes.

“Sorry” Christian says as she picks up the files which Selena dropped.

“It’s okay, you’re actually the person I wanted to see. Do you have a minute?” she asks as she takes the files back from Christian’s hands.