chapter 8

Elizabeth's point of view

Tired and groggy from the previous day, I lift my body off of the comfortable, soothing and soft hotel bed.

After a long much needed bath, I decide to order breakfast but before I can even dial room service, there is a soft rap on the door.

'Hmm, guess they can sense when they are needed'

Upon opening the door, I see who is on the other side but don't manage to close the door fast enough because next thing I know, she is in my hotel room. What does she want now?

"Good morning" says Chris, with her charming, yet irritating smile.

Me Giving her the silent treatment doesn't seem to register in her head because she keeps talking.

"I brought you food" she says and that's when I notice the paper bag that she is holding.

Interest piqued, I finally break off my silent treatment long enough to find out what goodies are hidden in the paper bag.

"Oh, it's just some chicken and waffles for breakfast from IHOP" she answers.

No additional information needed, I grab the paper bag and skip, yes skip, to the lounge area and plant my butt on the silky couch.

About ready to devour my new found friend, I am unfortunately disturbed by a throat clearing, looking up, I notice that she is probably waiting for my permission to take a seat. I could just use this to my advantage.

Purposely ignoring her, I glance back and my golden waffles drizzled in syrup and chicken fried so crispy I felt as if it was talking to me. Surprisingly some people do not understand that certain moments are meant to be respected, like now, I want my intimate moment with my food.

"Thank you" I say dismissively

"Oh. Okay. I guess I'll just leave you to your business" she says as she turns to leave but stops. "I'll see you later". Walking away and out of my sight, the only clarification I get that she has finally left is the clicking of the door.

"Now, it's just me and you" I say to my very fluffy, crunchy and delicious breakfast.

It's going down for real.

######

Having no plans for the day, I decide to do some much needed accessory collection. You can never go wrong with a little shopping. Okay, maybe not a little, but you get me.

Passing stores that look promising, I stop at flight club. A girl has to have her sneakers.

Door open, I'm hit by the wonderful smell of leather. Color is all see and honestly, dizziness has never felt this good.

Scouting the Nike area of the store, I stop dead in my track when I see, yes, you guessed right, I see Chris. I swear to God she's stalking me.

face to face, we stare at each other. This is about to get interesting.

######

Chris's point of view

3 hours earlier.