Chapter 7

Elizabeth's point of view

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Ugh. What is that annoying sound?

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I'm going to kill someone.

"Elizabeth, it's time to get up" ugh... "We still have to go get your things, plus I need to get to work once I'm done with you today" done with me? What am I, homework? 

"I'm up, I'm up" I hope that makes her shut up. I'm definitely not a morning person, something she'll have to unfortunately deal with today. I open the door and her stops mid-air from knocking on the door.  

Looking up and down my body. "Uhh... " she clears her throat, "the bathroom is right through that door over their. There are toiletries in there if you need."

"Okay, thanks." i try to say not so awkwardly, she probably heard how stupid i sound.

"I'll be downstairs if you need anything. Just scream for me." 

'Scream..." I see her cheeks begin to heat up. 

"Okay I'll just call if I need anything."  

She walks away and then I head for the bathroom and I'm speechless. Her tiles are pink. When were pink tiles even invented? Her sink and bathtub are made of cobblestone. The most surprising factor is the urinal. I guess she would like to accommodate her male guests. Such a good host.

The hot shower, that was long overdue even though I had one hours ago, helps to relax my tensed muscles.

Knock! knock!

"I've left a change of clothing on the bed and don't worry about the under garments, they're clean" Wow.

"Uh, thank you. I'll be out in a minute." That being said, I wrap up everything that I was doing and head for the door.

On the bed, I spot a pair of sweat pants, socks, Calvin Klein boxers and a tank top. I never pegged her for a sweat pant type of woman, more like a pantsuit one. Oh well. All dressed up I head down stairs to find her on her phone.

'Yeah, I'll go with her and I'll report all her whereabouts back to you.' oh, so she's talking about me

'I can't be the one watching her, I've got better things to do.' Wow, that actually hurt me.'Linda you know I don't have time to babysit...

'No Linda you can't be...'

I'm guessing the person she was talking to hung up because she angrily tosses her phone on the table. Okay someone is unhappy.

"Are you okay" Do you want to die Elizabeth?

"Yeah, it's just work."

"I thought you loved your job" she gives of the impression of a workaholic. No judging.

"I do, just sometimes they give me tasks that were meant for rookies. I didn't sign up for this shit." Gosh. Her words keep on cutting me deeper. I don't know why but I want her to want to spend time with me. Crazy, but I can't help me.

"Okay. Uh I guess we can go now."

"Yeah sure" she grabs her stuff from the table and we head out. Lord give me strength.

Chris's point of view

Elizabeth has been quiet since we left my penthouse. If I didn't know better, I would conclude that she was mad at me.

Don't be so conceited. In case you forgot, her husband was murdered last night and she spent almost six hours in an interrogation room.

That's true. I should probably ask her what the problem is.