chapter 33

Chris’s point of view

The past three months have been nothing short of blissful and joyous. Portugal is a beautiful country and I can’t believe that it’s taken such a long time to visit here.

The greenery is perfect, the air smells so fresh and don’t even get me started on the beaches here. Magnificent is not a good enough word to describe them.

We’ve been staying at Francisco’s house...mansion which he bought with his drug money that he stole from his partners. This guy is a total nut job, but today I needed to have a conversation with him pertaining to his daughter and I’m happy to say that it went better than I expected.

The mansion has got eight rooms, nine bathrooms, three living rooms as it’s a three story mansion, two outdoor  pools and one indoors, a spa area, two kitchens, two terraces and a gym.

On the ceiling of every living room there is a glass opening that allows you to see downstairs and upstairs and also the pillar in the middle of the glass opening serves as a table.

The bathrooms and bedrooms are very elegant. Every bathroom has a nice shower that is big enough to fit ten people. The bathtub lies in the middle of the room and the marble it’s made of makes it look more than elegant and inviting. The bedrooms all have a view of the terrace near the pool on the left wing of the house.

The gym is probably my favourite part of the entire mansion. The treadmill is something I’ve been using since we got here and I’m loving it.

Right now David and myself are lounging on the pool chairs, watching Elizabeth, Mia and their new friends Rachél and Mariana.

“My sister doesn’t look happy Ris” David taps my shoulder to get my attention.

“I know” I reply simply as I go back to looking at the sad faced Elizabeth, who until now still isn’t my girlfriend.

She has brought up the topic more than once and each and every time I divert the attention away from it. It’s not because I do not want to be her girlfriend...it’s just

“I don’t like seeing her like this man” he sighs, waving back at Mia who waves at him to get his attention “be right back”

The two of them meet up halfway and converse between themselves and I divert my attention back to Liz.

I really am the worst person.

“You’re making my best friend very unhappy” Mia takes a seat on the chair on my right.

“Don’t let Sandra hear you saying that” I try to joke, try being the keyword judging by the unamused look on her face.

Damn, is everyone mad at me or something?

“I’m serious Christian. She’s been in such a depressed mood for days” she glares at me whilst saying “I don’t like seeing her like this”

I don’t like seeing her like this either, it’s just that-

“You need to fix it” she says and heads back to the girls.

“You’re pissing of a whole lot of people Ris” David takes his seat.

He’s telling me what I already know but if they can just-

“Well, we have to go in. Tonight we’re having an early dinner. Apparently we have visitors” he taps me on my knee before he follows the girls inside.

Ooh damn. Finally.

Everyone is seated at the dining table which can hold sixteen people. Normally I would have thought of this as overkill but as of right now it’s really coming in handy.