Chapter 4

Elizabeth's point of view

What if we had four hands? What if we could run like Sonic 'The Hedgehog'? What if...

The creak the door makes stops my train of thought. Finally, I thought I was going to die of boredom here.

"Elizabeth Andrews, welcome to..." Wow that voice, so raspy, not the dry unattractive kind of raspy but the one that sounds so cool, right now I don't sound cool at all.

I never thought black could be so alluring, you know what, people are right, black is beautiful. Her curly mane, golden brown on the edges, is pulled back with a hair tie, emphasizing her meadows peak, that is so hot. Don't even get me started on her brown eyes that look like a pool of chocolate, or her bright pink plump lips that I could kiss all day long. Okay I'm losing my mind.

But wait, why did she stop talking? Is she the Detective that is supposed to make me 'Confess'? she looks like a sweetheart, but looks can be deceiving.

"What are you doing here?" stupid question Elizabeth, she obviously works here.

"What? Just because I'm a black woman you think I can't work here? Well it's the twenty first century so get over it."

I'm sorry, what just happened? I didn't even say anything except ask a question, which is technically saying something but you get what I mean.

"That is not what I meant, I was expecting a scary looking Detective and not a runway model" did I just say that? I'm losing my marbles.

Chris's point of view

Did she just call me hot? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think she just called me hot

So what if she called you hot? This isn't speed dating its interrogation time, so get your head out of your ass and do what you're supposed to do

Okay, you are right

Of course I'm right. Now stop talking to yourself and get back to work

"Look MRS..."

"It's just ELIZABETH" Gosh

"Of course. So Elizabeth, do you mind telling me what you recall about yesterday?"

"I'm going to tell you exactly what I told the other THREE Detectives that were here before you. Michael and I had an argument, I left the house, came back thirty minutes later and he was dead. Okay?"

Can she be anymore bland?

"do you have any idea of who might want your husband dead?"

"Everyone wanted my husband dead. He wasn't exactly the nicest person alive, or even the cleanest" What is wrong with this girl? And I say girl because she doesn't look a day over 19, not that I'm paying close attention to her or anything like that.

"Did you want your husband dead?" If looks could kill I would have been buried right next to Michael Andrews. Is it just me or did it get hot in here?

"I may have not liked him, or very much have hated him but I would never wish death upon anyone, not even Michael even though he was an asshole."

Is it weird that I believe her? I don't know what it is but hearing her say that just did something weird to me. 

"You know you're not giving us much to work with here. Your husband was just murdered last night, not even 7 hours ago. There is no evidence that anyone else was there. No track marks that show anyone drove there...

"Maybe they used a bicycle, ever thought of that?" Smart ass.

"No BICYCLE marks, the murder weapon is nowhere to be found, all we know is that he was shot and the only person who was with him before and after he was murdered was you. Do the math."

I really hope that she gives me something to work with because unless the gun is found she is still the prime suspect. If the gun isn't found she will not be charged but will be put under surveillance, meaning all her actions will be monitored just in case the killer is still out there and is coming after her next. Which I hope not, but only because I don't want her eliminated from this world because her family will miss her. Come to think of it, does she even have family?

"I honestly don't know what to tell you people, I didn't kill Michael. I would never kill anyone okay?" Wait are those tears?

"Are you crying?"

"No I'm leaking. Of course I'm crying you jerk." Oh the sarcasm. I'm not a jerk okay. Damn.

"Okay, I'll go get you some tissue" I hate awkward situations like these. Women crying has never been my favorite scene. Makes me feel all fuzzy and tingly.

"Selena, could you please get me a box of tissues please?"

"The water works huh?" she knows me so well.

"You know how I get when..."

"Brooks, in my office right now"

Oh fuck my life.