chapter 5

Elizabeth's point of view

I hate crying. Haven't cried since my parents were buried and honestly speaking those were tears of joy. I couldn't spare one sorrowful tear for what those monsters did to me. I hope they're rotting in hell along with the person that they sold me to and not even for a lot of money by the way, but only enough to satisfy their addictions. I don't know what happened but Detective Brooks not believing me just tore me apart. I want her to believe me, I need her to believe me.

"Here you go"

"Can I just go home already." I can't stand to be here anymore. I need to sleep.

A box of tissue is pushed my way and looking up I see another police woman, who doesn't seem old enough to be here, what am I saying, I know nothing about the right age to work here. I need to do my research.

"Thank you" I hope I don't look as gross as I feel, that would be the highlight of my day.

"Are you feeling okay, do you need anything?" Wow, nice people actually exist, if she asked me if I needed a bath I would jump for joy.

"Do you need a shower?" day officially made.

"Can you read minds?" I'm sorry, I just had to ask.

"Ha no, I wish though but I can tell that you need one, no offense but you've got like dirt on your face. Did you fall or something?" Yes, the question that should have been asked years ago.

"Yes, I tripped on my shoelaces during my run and thankfully but unfortunately my face broke the fall. Does my nose look broken?" It feels like it's facing the wrong way but I can't tell.

"No it looks okay, but you could seriously use a makeover"

"Well i would have taken a shower if you'd let me out of here."

Ha funny one. I like her. We could have totally been friends if the situation was different. She seems like the type of person you really need in your life.

"Well maybe I will consider it once I've had that shower don't you think?" please take me...

"Yes of course, come on I'll take you" Being lead out of the interrogation room feels like such a relief. I really hope this shower will help with calming my head because my thoughts are all over the place.

Chris's point of view

I hate this situation. Would prefer the interrogation room over this one! Being called into Linda's office can only mean one of two things. 1: She isn't happy with Matthew or 2: She wants to seduce me or in reality sexually assault me. This has been going on for 3 years now. It all started when I was writing my Detective test. Linda, who is our deputy police chief, offered to help me cheat and in return I would basically become her bitch. Well guess what, I didn't join the L.A.P.D to become someone's bitch. I didn't endure all the physically straining exercises to be handed that position on a silver platter. I came here to earn everything that I get so fuck her and her surgically induced ass.

"Have a seat Chris" Oh she actually offered me a seat, this must be serious.

"I'm sure you know why I've called you here?"

"Yes, I think we should let her go until we find..."

"That's not why I've called you in here Chris. You can't keep ignoring the chemistry between..."

"What is this high school?" Can she get more annoying, gosh.a

"I don't have time for this okay Linda, so next time if you need anything from me that is not work related don't call me in here."

"You will regret this" oh I'm so scared.

"Okay sure. I'm going to tell Elizabeth now that she is free to go as we don't have any evidence to charge her, I'll be back in the morning, oh wait it is the morning" With great annoyance I leave her office. I hope she doesn't need me anytime soon. I'm sure Elizabeth will be happy to go home, or to a hotel seeing as her home is actually a crime scene.

"Okay Elizabeth you're free to..."

Where the hell is she

"Hey guys have you seen where Elizabeth has gone to?"

"Who's Elizabeth' incompetent fucks?"

"The woman that was in the interrogation room."

"Oh I saw her with officer Jamison. I think they were headed to the shower room. I would have taken her myself but, Jamison insisted" I would love nothing more than to punch that smirk of their faces. Pigs.

Heading to the shower room I hear voices. It's very easy to hear what's happening as the walls are thin.

"So wait, when did you become a police officer?"

"Four years ago. It had always been a passion of mine."

"Had, past tense huh?"

"Things change." Yeah, things do change.

"Well, we better get back before Detective grouch gets even more grouchy." What? I'm not a grouch!

"Chris isn't that bad, just give her a chance" Give me a chance? What is this speed dating?

What's up with you and speed dating, are you that lonely?

Of course not, I don't have time for relationships

No, relationships don't have time for you

You, son of a b...

"Detective grouch, you've found us". I'll show her grouch

"You're free to go, obviously not back home, but maybe a relative or friend or maybe even a hotel, bottom line is you're free to go." The look on her face is the most satisfying thing on the planet right now. Now I better get that much needed sleep I need right now.

Elizabeth's point of view

Free. That's the only word echoing through my head right now, it felt like I've been here for years.

"Well, I guess you're free to go, come on, I have to sign you out. Are you going to a friend's house?"

Friend. The only friend that I have is in another continent so unless she can get here in 30 minutes I'm basically homeless, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Uh yeah, I'm sleeping at a friend's house" I'm doomed.

"Well a'right" I was so right about her, she's a keeper.

Getting signed out was easier than I thought. Now here comes the hardest part, finding a place to sleep. Walking out of the station I find Detective grouch standing near what I'm assuming is her car.

"You need a ride?" huh, I would rather die, okay maybe not die, I'd rather walk, plus I don't want her to know that I don't have a place to stay.

"No thank you, I'm just going to hail a cab which is very much unlikely as I've got no cash with me and my house, well you know the story.

"Come on, I insist. Can't have a lady all by herself at 3 in the morning"

"No really I'm f..."

"Hop in" Passenger side of her car  door opens, she gestures for me to get in. Well there goes my lie. Oh baby Jesus, why hath thou forsaken me?