Chapter 1

No one's point of view

Breaking news

The youngest billionaire alive, Michael Andrews, was found murdered in his own house, specifically in the shower. Rumors has it that he was shot to death and the prime suspect just so happens to be his wife, Elizabeth Andrews. neither the cause of death or the suspect have been confirmed. What is the cause of such a scene? Could it be revenge for unsolved business or the doing of an unhappy wife? Stay tuned to find out. I am Mia Hong reporting to you from the crime scene

"another crazy wife gone rouge" says Emmanuel"you know? I don't understand why these women get married if they just plan on killing their husbands. I mean, that's just a waste. plus, they probably signed a Prenuptial form, so the money isn't hers at the end...what a shame."

"you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Plus, she said 'rumors' meaning that it probably isn't what it seems"

Detective brooks reprimanded her younger brother. Working in the police force has taught her to always follow the evidence, but judging by the amount of people that have been wrongly accused, maybe evidence is not the way to go, but who is she to change the rules?

"evidence never ...

"never lies, I know I know I taught you that shit, but just because she was probably in an unhappy marriage doesn't mean that she killed him and not all women are Gold diggers."

"a woman is a money hungry, sex loving bitch that will do anything to get her hands on what she wants and by anything I mean that nothing is impossible"

"are you forgetting that I'm a woman" eye brow raised the detective asked. Emmanuel was what we call a player. Doesn't trust the female specie, as he calls them, to date one. Goes through women like he goes through his food, very fast.

"come on, you know I don't consider you a bitch, or money hungry, because you've got enough of it on your own or sex loving, only because you've never had sex"

Ah the sex topic, the ban of Chris's existence. Although not a virgin by choice, not having sex does not bother her as much as it bothers Emmanuel. Plus, there is one physical factor stopping her, one no one but her has to know about.

"sex isn't all that life's about and I have better things to do than spend my time having an intimate moment with someone who isn't going to be there years later. Not everyone distrusts women like you do"

"and that is exactly why they end up dead. Why don't you ask Michael oh wait he's six feet in the ground!"

"your sense of humor cracks me up bro" sarcasm at its best

"I know, which is why your life without me in it would be tragic"

Only Emmanuel had the power to turn her most miserable day to one of fun. Being a Detective has always been a dream of hers. She wanted to prove to the world that black women could also make in the police force, although they are much lenient, it's still difficult for black women to survive.

"I love you Emmy"

"I told you not to call me that, but I love too"

A relationship that came a long way. If it wasn't for their father, who adopted her in the first place and their lovely mother, who helped them put their differences aside, she would have been adopted by a family that would not have been so welcoming considering her condition. Thank God for the Brooks

"well I've got to leave, I'm sure you had a long day so I'll see you later"

tired from her long day at work, she bid Emmanuel goodbye, closed the door, got rid of her clothes in a not so orderly manner and dropped on the bed. Knowing that the next day would be a very long one and she would need her energy, she closed her eyes ready to get some shut eye but before she could slip into the world of unconsciousness one name was embedded into her brain, Elizabeth Andrews.