Chapter 3

Chris's point of view

I'm in love with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do

Oh no, Diamond Platinum, what do you want now

Catch a bullet for you

(my ringtone goes off)

"Hello" gosh I'm way too sleep deprived for this shit

"Brooks, you're needed in the interrogation room as soon as possible." Have they lost their minds?

"Selena, it's 1:00 in the morning, you don't really exp...

"You knew what you signed up for when you decided to become a detective, now get your ass here, I miss your face." Ah Selena, always the charmer, unfortunately this is not the right time for this.

"Isn't there anyone else that can do this, I'm really tired and before you remind me that I signed up for this I need you to know that I've worked my butt off for this position and it means the world to me so in that case I'll be there in thirty"

"There's the workaholic I know, now hurry up."

Always so demanding, but so right. Work is and will always be the most important factor in my life. Ever since I can remember, wanting to make the world a better place had always been a dream, now it's a reality and I would like to keep it that way.

Wow, I am really messy. Looking at the pile of clothes on the floor, not only from yesterday, made me realize that I have to clean up more often, I'll take care of that later.

The short ride to the station turned into a long one. Not my fault, the 24/7 Cafe was calling my name and don't even get me started on the coffee, can't go without it.

"There she is, the life of the party"

"Selena, oh no" I mock gasp "I could never steal that title from you"

There's that smile that could brighten up the darkest tunnel. Selena is a very beautiful woman. anyone would be lucky to have her. Not only does she have the beauty but she has the brains as well. I would have definitely gotten with her, if there was pace in my life for relationships and frankly, she does note excite me, if you know what I mean.

"So, who's the unlucky person that has to endure my wrath?"

I'm a lenient detective, but everyone knows that once they get into an interrogation room with me, well, let's just say only one of us is comfortable, and that person is me.

"Elizabeth Andrews"

Wait what

"I'm sorry what?" I really need to clean my ears more often, I'm really starting to hear things

"The person you have to interrogate is Elizabeth Andrews and I've got to tell you to actually be lenient with her, she's been in there for 3 hours now and..."

"People have been in there for much longer, so that's a lousy excuse. So... they really think that she did it?"

"As of now, yes, but if you ask me him dying was better for her, whether she did it or not"

"How can you say that?" I mean I know that he was a Douche bag but honestly death isn't something that I would wish on my worst enemies.

"Call it a sixth sense, I'll tell Miles that he can leave so you can take over for him"

Well, I guess it's show time. I don't know what it is but I have a feeling that murder has nothing to do with Elizabeth. Elizabeth, what is it about that name that makes my head spin?

"You can go in now. Miles has already left the room. Good luck Chris"

"I don't need luck" I know that as much as everyone else

Standing Outside the interrogation room never felt like this. There's a force pulling me in. Only God knows what waits for me inside. To be fairly honest, I don't really know what this Elizabeth looks like, which makes me question why I'm so nervous about meeting her. I've done this a ton of times so I can definitely handle this. Well here goes nothing.

"Elizabeth Andrews, welcome to..." okay I officially understand what people mean when they say that the words get stuck in their throats.

Elizabeth Andrews. The shoulder length hair frames her perfectly round head. The big baby blue eyes are perfectly round, not the creepy kind of big but the kind of big that lures you in. The dirt on her face does not hide her natural beauty, she is a master piece and don't get me started on her dark pink lips, ones that I would love nothing more than to kiss.

What the heck am I thinking?

This is so inappropriate. I need to focus. Lord help me.