chapter 11

Elizabeth's point of view

It's been three hours since Chris's breakdown and she still hasn't said a word, not even to Detective Garza. She's been seated on the couch with no signs of movement. The Detective told me that it's not the first time she was in this state and that the same thing happened when he found out about it.

"She's just really sensitive when it comes to this subject. Even I don't know the whole story and we tell each other everything" 

If they tell each other everything and yet he doesn't know this story, then there is no way that she is ever going to tell me. I know that she may have strong feelings for me but i also know that it's Bros before hoes. not that I'm a hoe or anything like that.

"Don't sweat about it. She'll come around, she always does" he says as he pats me on the back and heads to the kitchen, where Sandra is preparing supper. 

looking at Chris, I notice how clenched her fist is. It's clenched so tight that she might just draw blood.

"stop that" I say as I grab her fist and pull her fingers away from her palm and that is when I notice that i was right because her left palm is bleeding.

"I'll go grab the first aid kit" I say getting up only to bee pulled back down.

"stay" she says, softly. her voice, sounds so defeated. Although she didn't look at me when she pulled me down, I can tell that her eyes are red because as she looks around frantically to avoid eye contact, I catch glimpses of them when her eyes look left.

"Okay" I say " but i need to at least wipe of the blood" i say, trying to reason with her, but it seems to not be working as she grips onto my wrist, very tightly so, to the point where i feel some of her blood on my wrist.

Realizing that she is using the hand that is hurt, I try to get loose, but to no avail.

"okay, I'm not going anywhere, but you have to let go" i say, prying her fingers of my wrist. succeeding, i turn to face her and lift her face with my index finger. Her hazel eyes are so beautiful. they really are the windows to our souls. right now i can see what she is feeling and it pains me.

"you are amazing" I say. She really is. i lay my head on her neck and faintly feel her pulse. It isn't racing, like i thought it would but it isn't calm either. She seems to be fighting an internal battle that I wish i could help with.

"I think you are beautiful, sexy, sassy, strong, amazing and other words that i can't use to describe you because they haven't been invented yet" She says as she twirls a lock of my hair between her fingers.

This right here, Ladies and Gentlemen is how i know that this woman is meant for me.

No one, in my twenty years of life, has ever said such words to me and with pure sincerity. I could be fooling myself, but I believe that she is not going to hurt me. She's going to protect me even when there is no hope. Being in her arms, erases the thoughts of my crazy killer.

"You mean the world to me" she says as she looks me dead in the eyes. The emotions swirling in her eyes are so alluring that i do something drastic.

I kiss her.

######

Narrators point of view

words can not begin to describe the emotions going through Chris's heart and head.

plump, soft lips, pressed against her own. The lips that she has been dreaming of. The lips that have been driving her crazy are finally pressed against her own. The fact that Elizabeth is kissing her doesn't register in her head until she feels her pull away.

"I'm sorry" says Elizabeth "I thought that you wanted it too"

Chris realizes her mistake, that she didn't kiss back. Still in shock, she doesn't reply causing Elizabeth to read it all wrong.

"I'm sorry" Elizabeth says again, but this time with teary eyes that don't escape Chris because the next thing Elizabeth knows is that her whole mouth has been captured by that of the subject of her affections.

Putting all her emotions into it, Chris kisses her woman, yes her woman, with a passion that could only be described as burning. she kisses Elizabeth with the intentions to imprint the feel of her lips on Elizabeth's mind forever.

Battling for dominance, the innocence of the kiss is lost as both subjects decide to involve their tongues and biting. moans, groans and heavy breathing was the only thing they could hear until the unwanted and temporarily annoying voice of Detective Garza interrupted the passionate love making of their mouths.

"We've been gone for only fifteen minutes and you already plan to have babies" Says Detective Garza, causing the couple to pull away from each other. Chris sneers at him whilst Elizabeth glares at him so deadly that the room's temperature to drop drastically.

"Chill lil mama" he says with his hands raised in mock surrender "just wanted to inform you that dinner is ready" he continues with a grin, earning him an even deadlier glare.

"Okay I'm out" he says running out of the living room.

His retreat causes a somewhat awkward silence between the two people on the couch. the Detective's mind races with thoughts such as 'what if she didn't like it' and 'what if i was being too forceful' meanwhile the widow is on a much, much different path.

"so..." they say simultaneously and chuckle causing some of the tension to evaporate

"I'm not really hungry" say Elizabeth

"Well I'm starving but i will not be able to eat unless you eat with me" says Chris.

Although Elizabeth claims to not be hungry, her stomach is rumbling and becoming painful, so Chris's request did not need any second guessing as she agreed to eat. They both left the living room and joined the other two human beings whose presence were merely forgotten.

After Dinner, both the Detectives were asked to stay in the guest bedrooms and they didn't object and got their belongings from Detective Garza's car and got settled in.

Around midnight, Chris heard a knock on her door and upon opening it, found Elizabeth in a nightgown on the other side. turns out that she didn't wish to sleep alone and the Detective had no objections. settled in the bed and warm, both Elizabeth and Chris do not notice that they both somehow keep getting closer to each other until their limbs touch, to the point of being entangled.

"I really enjoyed the kiss" Says Elizabeth, shocking Chris.

"I feared that you didn't" Says Chris with a blush that fortunately went unnoticed.

"That was the best kiss I've ever had" that was all it took for the Detective to once again plant her lips on Elizabeth's.

After five whole minutes of making out, they bid each other goodnight before they are overtaken by slumber but not before they plant more kisses on each other then do they sleep.