chapter 31

No one’s point of view

For a person who spent almost her entire life being somewhat independent, being spoon-fed by the woman she loves really isn’t something Christian likes.

“I can feed myself you know?” Christian says  to Elizabeth, dodging the spoon full of oats. What are the odds.

“Oh, you don’t like being spoon-fed oats? It’s really tasty” Elizabeth says sarcastically, pushing the spoon closer to Chris’s mouth, who grimaces at the contents.

“Can’t you feed me anything rather than oats?” Christian asks, sighing dejectedly at the look on Elizabeth’s face.

“Doctor’s orders. Porridge all day long” Elizabeth answers, smiling sinisterly at Chris.

Ain’t life a bitch.

Chris reluctantly opens her mouth and accepts the spoon full of foul but delicious oats.

It sucks being on the receiving end of an annoyed Elizabeth. She knows exactly how to make you uncomfortable without even doing anything bad.

Chris eats her oats with an agitated look on her face, sighing dejectedly every time Elizabeth wiggles her eyebrows playfully and asks ‘you like?’. It’s like she’s enjoying what she’s doing to Chris. Why wouldn’t she though?

“See, it wasn’t that bad” Elizabeth says as she watches Chris take in the last spoon of oats, basically cleaning the bowl.

Chris growls in response, watching Elizabeth get up from the couch and head for the kitchen with the empty bowl and spoon.

“I’m only trying to make sure that you recover properly babe. I love you and I don’t want anymore bad shit happening to any of us, okay?” Elizabeth says as she plumps herself on the couch.

Chris sighs dejectedly, not objecting because she knows that Elizabeth is correct. They’ve both had near death experiences, all because of people that didn’t like them. People that are thankfully not going to hurt them again, but there are enemies everywhere.

Elizabeth laughs as a memory pops up in her head out of the blue “I can’t believe that your father gave you a wedgie” she says, clutching her stomach in laughter “you should have seen your face”

Chris growls in embarrassment as she is reminded of the unfortunate events that took place on the day of her release from the hospital. Joseph promised to pull a Chris Benoit on her and he did. A few minutes after she was dressed and ready to leave, her family, Elizabeth and David walked into the room to ensure that she was ready when out of nowhere, Chris felt an immense amount of pain in her ass crack.

Everyone in the room burst out in laughter. ‘Next time you play hero, don’t fucken get shot in the neck.

“I’m sorry, it’s just...are you okay?” Elizabeth asks in between laughing.

“I can still taste my damn underwear” Chris replies, smiling lovingly at the heartfelt laughter Elizabeth is emitting.

That right there is everything Chris has wanted for Elizabeth. She wanted and still wants her to be happy more than anything else. She wants to see her smile with no fear. Laugh with no limitations.

She’s going to give her all of that and a lot more. So much more.

“Do you want to watch a movie Tonight? We’ve been cooped up in here for days now” Chris says, the settings of her apartment making her feel nostalgic.

“Yeah, maybe we can make it our first date” Elizabeth says, sadness laced in her tone.

“Haven’t we been on a date already?” Christian asks.