Chapter 2

The 3rd player had come. Then the 4th one. Then the 5th, so on and so forth. They all seemed to panic the same way as everyone else.

Blake thinks to himself, "*This looks like everyone, it has to be,*" He looked at the board again to see if he was right. It had said, "7/7 players... complete." Everyone needed was here. It was time to get an explanation as to what was going on.

"Hello everyone! Now I know everyone is panicked and all of those emotions, but now that we're all here, let me start explaining," said the anonymous voice.

"You better! I was in the middle of something before you forced me here!" Joseph shouted.

"Calm down! You might make it madder! There's no telling what it'll do!" says a high school girl.

"Guys, guys let's just calm down! We need to hear it out before we say anything!" says a guy who looks like he's in his early 20s.

"Shut up! No one was saying anything to you!" Joseph replies back.

"Woah, Woah, players! All of you need to calm down or something! At LEAST let me explain the rules and what's happening before you go at each other's necks," the anonymous voice says as he laughs before speaking again, "anyways, since you all are so eager to know what's going on, let me explain. First of all, Joseph, was it? I didn't force you here. You were randomly chosen along with the other 6 players, you aren't that special."

"Excuse me?" says Joseph.

A woman who seems to be in her early 20s looks confused, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Are you all skeptical? I would advise that you believe what I say, after all, once I bring up the game, you're gonna have to believe me," says the anonymous voice.

"What game..?" says Blake.

"Anyways, continuing on, you all have been randomly chosen to participate in my game! I know, I know, you're probably wondering what the game exactly is. Well, I would say it's a pretty fun one! Not fun for you guys though, fun for me. It's a killing game, I suppose you could call it murder mystery!"

The atmosphere turns cold. Everyone's eyes widen, and they all share a look of fear and anger.

"WHAT?! We aren't doing that!" Blake shouts.

"EXACTLY, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE WOULD DO THIS!?" Joseph says agreeing with Blake.

A little girl who can't be older than elementary age shouts, "W-what?! No, that can't be right!"

"Joseph, you seem to be the most uncooperative. If you keep this up, you aren't gonna like what's to come for later! For now, let me explain, you're taking all the fun outta this!"

Joseph's voice turns cold, "Are you trying to threaten me right now..?"

"Yes! Geez. Continuing on, since you all keep interrupting me, yes! We are having a murder mystery game! Let me explain the rules. There will be 15 rounds in total. Each round will last 10 minutes at most, although it could be shorter. All of you will be given 10 lives. If you use up all of your 10 lives, you lose. If you lose, you die. I would be wise about this if I were you. Each player will be given a role. There are 3 roles: Murderer, Sheriff, and Innocent. The murderer is meant to kill everyone, the sheriff is meant to kill the murderer, and the innocents, are supposed to run and hide around the map and try not to get killed, kind of like mindless sheep if you really think about it. Anyways! The role you are given will be the role you are stuck with for the whole game."

"But wouldn't we know everyone's roles after the first round?" asks the woman in her early 20s.

"You guys really are impatient. I was just getting to that part! Now then, after every round, you guys will be getting a memory wipe causing you to not remember anything about whose role has been revealed. Ok, NOW I'm done. Any questions?"

After the voice was done speaking, everyone looked deflated, like all hope of getting out was shattered. But, there was one woman in particular who looked like she hadn't heard a single thing that came out of the intercom, she looked...happy?

"Oh, I do!"

"Oh? What's your name?"

"It's Carly. Anyways, I get everything you've said but what are you? We only know your voice and nothing else about you. We don't even know your name and having to say anonymous voice every time we're talking about you seems like a mouthful."

"Oh, that's right, I suppose I haven't introduced myself yet. The only thing you need to know about me is that I'm the one who made this game and my name is X. Now then, I'll be going, I suggest all of you introduce yourselves and make allies during the time you have now."

"He's gone..." says the man in his early 20s.

"Yeah, he is. He was right about the fact we should start introducing ourselves, I suppose we should start with our name and ages" says a woman in her early 20s.

"I'll start! I'm Lexi, and I'm 10 years old!"

The players look shocked to see someone so young in a sort of game like this, but they brush it off and continue with introductions.

"I'm Blake. 15 years old."

"Rachel. I'm 17."

"Chase. I'm 20 years old."

"Joseph. I'm 28."

"I'm Carly! I'm 26."

"I suppose I'm the last one to introduce myself. I'm Ana and I'm 23."

After introductions, a few hours pass in absolute silence.

"Well hello everybody! It's X. I just wanted to tell you that the first round is tomorrow! Make sure to be there, it's mandatory. You guys are smart enough to guess as to what will happen if you don't come. See you guys tomorrow!" Just like that, X was gone.

Everyone tensed up at the thought of what would happen if they didn't show up. No one dared try to risk it.

"How can a person threaten us so easily?" says Lexi.

Anger fills his voice, "He's not a person, he's a monster," says Joseph.