Chapter 18

*During the 10-minute break (between X and new voice)*

"Why would you do that?! They're gonna be suspicious now," says X.

"You better realize who the hell you're talking to. If you want to see them again, you better keep a quiet tone with me," says the new voice.

X's face turns panicked, he goes silent for a bit before speaking again, "I understand, boss. But, you need to realize that they're gonna get suspicious, they're smarter than the past groups," says X.

"I'm aware of that, that is why I did it. I need to see just how smart they are. I want them to get suspicious. I want them to think 'what the hell was that??' I want to see their full potential, which is why I need you to do something for me before the 5th stage starts," says X's boss.

"And what is it?" says X.

As X's boss explains, X's face turns into a frown without him even realizing it, "are you kidding me? I doubt they'll survive if I do that."

"Do it. I don't care what you think, if you want to see them again, you'll do what I say," says X's boss.

X lets out a sigh, "Yes sir."

*During the 10-minute break (the players)*

"I don't believe X," says Lexi.

"None of us do, what X said wasn't convincing at all," says Blake.

"That's true, but what can we do about it? There's not a chance in hell that he would tell us who that was," says Ana.

The players start a conversation about what they think happened. As they do, Lexi starts looking around the room.

As she looks around, she says, "guys, are there any cameras in here?"

"Of course, there are cameras in every room, that's how X can see us when he gives us instructions," says Ana.

"Is there anywhere without cameras?" says Lexi.

"The only place would be the bathrooms, why do you ask?" says Joseph.

"We should probably go there to talk about this instead of here..." says Lexi. As she finishes her sentence, she starts walking to the bathrooms.

"What the-? Lexi, where are you going?" says Joseph.

"Just follow me!" says Lexi.

Everyone does as she says and starts following her.

"Ok, we're here, everyone come in," says Lexi as she opens the bathroom door.

Everyone goes in and Lexi begins to start talking again, "we need to talk about who that man was."

"Obviously, but why couldn't we just do that where we were?" says Blake.

"Because of the cameras," says Lexi.

"Why would it matter if there were cameras? We've always talked about our plans in front of X, and he's never done anything about it," says Blake.

"Yeah, but that's changed now," says Lexi.

"Yeah, I can see what you mean," says Chase.

"Exactly! Now that the man is in the picture now, it changes everything," says Lexi.

"Maybe not everything, but I can see what you mean," says Carly.

"What's changed?" says Rachel.

"There's a possibility that him, that random man, has seen us through the cameras," says Ana.