Prologue

Ada's POV

Everything is draining. When I said "everything" I mean EVERYTHING. I'm here at my study desk doing my paperwork since it's due tomorrow and I have things to get done. Cramming is my friend.

One last paper and I'm done. I need to get ready I don't want to be late for work. Yeah, I'm 17 years old but what else I can do my mother is not caring for me since 6 years ago after what happened.

I need this job, my studies for scholarships, I need to save money for my future bills. God, just thinking by it, I don't want to live anymore. 

Stinky Frank💩
Hey bitch, Michelle said that we need to get in the shop at 3 pm since we are on the night shift for two days. Be on time. See you bitch. 🤪

Moody Ada👺
Yeah, I'll be there I just need to finish this paper and I'll get ready. Thank you hoe for reminding me😘

Stinky Frank 💩
Welcome bitch, hope you do not die in that paper you are doing😇

Moody Ada👺
I hope I am. 😉

After that conversation with Frank, I go to the bathroom to get ready. You probably wondering where is my mom, well she's out of the country and doing her job. She called a while ago saying she can't be home for at least 4 weeks since she needs to redo some scenes. It's okay to me because I'm on the night shift, no one gonna scold me for why I'm not home in the middle of the night.

 It's okay to me because I'm on the night shift, no one gonna scold me for why I'm not home in the middle of the night

(For reference and imagination ;)

I get into my casual outfit and change it when I'm in the shop. I get into the cab. I put my earphones on and search for some music that describes my life right now. I don't know if the ride was just fast or the driver is in the rush. Maybe he's having a date and I hinder it. Oh God, here I am again mumbling nonsense things.

I reach my destination at 2:30 pm. Being late is the worse thing that can happen to me. When I entered the shop, Frank immediately greeted me and pulled me into the staff room. I knew already why he dragged me here. This bitch gonna spill some tea.

"You won't believe this, there's a man outside. A nice-looking man and he smells so nice. I'm having a gay panic. He approaches, me being a decent whore, I ask him what he needs and get his order. For sake, he has a deep raspy voice and my legs are now divorced." Frank said with some actions that made me laugh.

"Whore" I said to him while I change into our uniform.

"I know duh," he said in a sassy tone

"I know duh," he said in a sassy tone. "I get his number by the way" he adds with a flip of his imaginary long hair. I laugh at him. "And here I thought we are here to do our job and not getting some random dude's number and whoring ourselves," I said to him and he scoffed. "Where's the fun in you, Ada?" He asks rolling his eyes at me. "The fun in me makes my life miserable," I said to him while looking into his eyes. "Ow, sorry. If you want I can give his number to you" he said and I playfully smack his shoulder. We are laugh until we got to the counter.

"Hi, Ada" Myles greeted me. "Hello there Myles. Going home or school?" I ask her. "Going home to change then going to school," she said, I smile at her and mouthed good luck. She smiles back at me. Cute. (A/N: fruity)

______

It's now 6 pm and my legs hurt from standing so long. While Frank is busy flirting with the dude he met outside. I check on my phone and I almost drop it when I saw 15 unread messages and 10 missed calls. I. Am. In. Trouble. Pray for me.

Momma widow
Where are you? Do you eat already? Did you do all your task or you are with your friends again?

Momma widow
Ada?

Momma widow
Really? No reply?

Momma widow
Ada, I swear to God if you are with your friends again you are grounded for a month.

Shit. I'm gonna die. Why did I put my phone in silent mode?! She's mad? Like really mad. What's new though she's always mad at me.

Auntie wizzie🐻
Hey, bubs. Where are you? Your mom is worried. You're not answering our calls and message. If you got this, please answer I'm worried. Keep safe, I love you.

Uncle 'I don't like it'😝
Ada, where on earth are you? And why are you not answering our calls? Please be safe, bug. We're worried.

Daddy Robert😎
Sweetheart, come home. It's dark already. Dad is worried about you. Go home now and I give you hugs I promise.

I'm not crying. No, I am. Man, these people in my life I treasure a lot even though I have been stubborn. But I need this job. I need to save and be independent for some reason I'm doing in the future. I don't want my mother's wealth or even fame. She didn't even care about me after that happened. I just need her. But there are things you can't have and your life doesn't go the way you plan it.

"You okay?" Frank asks which brings back my senses. "Of course I am. How could not be?" I ask him and give him the fake smile that I'm good at. "I'm here okay if you need someone to talk to, I'm just here." He said with a reassuring smile and patted my shoulder. I hug him, gladly he hugs me back. I didn't say anything, I'm not trusting my voice. I just need a hug. Just hug.

How far I could reach this point in life? Will I reach the finish line? Or am I gonna stuck at starting point? I don't know.

---------------
This is the first book that I'm gonna publish though I have a lot in my drafts. This takes a lot of courage. Excuse my grammar, English is not my mother tongue. Hope you enjoy it. This book has a roller coaster ride, buckle up so you won't fall.

See you in the next chapter.

-jade