Chapter 10

Scarlett's POV

For the past 5 days of searching for her, I receive no luck. The cast helped me to find her even her friends. We go to school hoping they knew where she was, but unfortunately, they didn't know.

I'm worried sick. I try to contact her again and again, to track her hoping I can find where she was, she turn off her phone.

I go to her favorite places, the park, a book store where you can always find her, in the playground, or even in the lake near the park. But no Ada around.

"We can find her, Scar," Robert said with full of hope in his voice. "She's just here, she can't go that far" Sebastian consoles. Lizzie holds my hand to calm my nerves. I didn't sleep, I can't sleep knowing my daughter is out there, I don't even know if she's safe.

Every time my phone rang my face lit up expecting there's news that they found her. And also drops immediately when it's not.

I can't find myself working now, I leave my job in the meantime. My mind is with her, I just want to find my daughter.

----

"Any news?" Liz asks handing me a cup of coffee. I take I sip and shook my head. "I don't know what to do anymore, I don't want to lose hope, but-" I choke. I'm on the edge of breaking down again. Fuck it!

Liz holds my cheek and glances at "Hey, listen to me. Do you want to make things right? Then don't give up. She needs you now, and if you just let it go, you lose your chance again. We can't have unlimited chances, Scar. This is the last one you have"

This is the last one I have. Last one. If I slip this away, I lost both of them.

I get my phone and try to call her again, but it goes in her voice mail.

Ada
You've reached Ada, she's busy at the moment just leave a message after the beep...

Scarlett
Come home. I'm sorry for what I've done, I know it's too late but please know that I regret everything I've done. There's no excuse for how I treat you. I'm selfish, I only think about myself. I'm sorry. Please come home. I'll give up everything, I'll do everything, just come back to me, please.

I'll find her even though she doesn't want to be found. I'll do everything to make my mistake to be right, I'll get my girl back.

---

I spend hours talking to the police if they got a clue about where she is, they still find her. They check all the CCTV that may catch her path. People that close to her. Places she may stay in. Everything.

"Thank you, Sir. Please let me know soon if you got news where is she." I said escorting them out. "Well do our very best to find her. Well, keep you in touch." They said and got to their police car.

I sit down, looking at my phone, hoping the name Ada from my contacts will pop up. Then a doorbell came to the scene. I hurriedly run to the door except it was from Ada. But no.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU SCARLETT?! I LET YOU TAKE CARE OF MY GRANDDAUGHTER BECAUSE YOU SAID YOU DON'T WANT HER TO BE AWAY FROM YOU, BUT NOW THAT SHES MISSING, I REGRET THAT I LET HER STAY WITH YOU" Mom yelled at me.

"Mom calm down, we can't find her if you are yelling at each other," Hunter said. Holding mom away from me, she's can kill someone if you hurt her grandchildren.

"I don't care, Hunter. I don't know if she's okay out there if she had a place to stay or if she eats. I give you a chance to be a mother because you tell me you owe her. What are you doing now? I thought you learned your lesson?" Mom declared. She's right. I never learned my lesson.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I let my emotion control my judgments. I regret every single action I did. I'm sorry" I said crying. "I know what I did is unacceptable, I deserve the hate she's giving me. I understand if she can't forgive me. I'm sorry. I'm trying to make things better. But I messed up big time. "

"You don't owe me an apology, Scarlett. To your daughter, yes. You lost one of them, and you lose the other one. You lose someone? She loses everything she had. Even her mother." She said bitterly cold to me. Her piercing eyes darted my soul. Judging me. I look away. I can't stand her glance at me, making me shrink in my place.

A slap wakes me up, a harsh slap. "Wake up. You running out of time. Don't make me do what I should do before. You know what I'm capable of. I will take away your rights. I'll take her away from you, she doesn't deserve a mother who treats her like she's a piece of garbage." She said to me. Pointing her index finger to me. "Last warning. I give you one last warning." She said glaring at me and leave.

"I'm sorry, Sis. Please find here, I'll help you don't worry. I just need to deal with mom" he said and run in Mom's direction.

I close the door. I let my body hit the floor and scream. I cry everything out. I'm not the mother she deserves. I'm not the mother she needs. Mom is right, I treat her like a piece of trash and leave it there.

-----

I open the gate and place the bouquet I got in the flower shop near the graveyard. I light up the candle. Carefully caress the tombstone.

"I'm sorry if I just visited. Mama is been busy these past few days. Your sister run away because of me. I slap her, say the words that I shouldn't. I know sorry doesn't change everything. It's just a band-aid to cover the wounds but it didn't heal it. I regret everything. I regret every single thing I did. The way I treat her. I blame her. I neglect her. I'm so blinded by my grief that I didn't realize she lost you too. I'm so insensitive and stupid. Help me, give me a sign where to find her. I don't want to lose her too." I wiped the tears coming down from my eyes. "I will lose my sanity if that happens. I'm losing it now."

I cold wind embraces me. I smile knowing she heard me from above. "I'm sorry for treating your sister like that. I'm sorry. I wish she's here to listen and know how sorry I am. To ask her what I can do to make it up to her. Give me sign where to find her, Aira."

I spend at least an hour, talking to her. I tell her everything. From the day I land her from being away due to work, working on getting her trust back, everything that happens. I look up to the sky and see the sun is about to set. I grab my bag and stand up.

"When I visited you, I'm with her. I promise" I said. I walk to where my car parks. I start the car and drove.

I got to the house safe. I change my clothes and headed to the kitchen. I check my phone from time to time, I almost burn myself because of being distracted.

I wonder if she's okay, where she's staying if she eats already, did she get a good place to sleep. If she's safe. I start to think about the worse scenarios that can happen, fuck. I heard my phone ring, I took it instantly. Unknown number?

Unknown Number.
Hi Ma'am. I know where your daughter is. I'll send you the address where you can find her. Trust me.

I think about this text again and again. This is better be real or else I'll kill someone if these fools are pranking me. After I few more minutes I received the address. I know this place. This place is familiar to me.

I get my bag and keys. I drove as fast as I can. I start to panic, this is why I hate being an overthinker and paranoid person.

_________

*dramatic drum roll* where is Ada? Who's the owner of that unknown number? What happened to her for the 5days she's missing? Why I'm still single? Okay, the last question doesn't include but I still want to ask.

This is why I don't want to type it on the phone, I'm always pressed publish when I should go press preview and save. 😭

You'll get the flashback and the answers from those questions I ask, except the last one cause I don't know too.

See you in the next chapter.
-jade