Chapter 4

Ada's POV

I wake up with the aroma of fried bacon coming from the kitchen. My stomach gave me a sign to get my lazy ass in the kitchen and feed it. It took me a minute to realize that's is Auntie Lizzie not Mom. Oh yes, she's busy. Always.

I get up and get the plates and glass to wash it. Throw the rubbish in the trash can. Folded the blanket and arrange the sofa. After looking if everything is clean I proceed to the best part of this house; the kitchen.

I see her swaying in the song that's playing and I giggle at her, she turns back and looks at me. "Well good morning to you, Bubba" she greet me. I smile at her, "good morning to you too Aunt wizzie." I walk over and smell what's she's cooking. And I never felt this starvation before.

My belly grumbles and she laughs at it. I pout at her, she pinches my nose and laughs again. "Sit, I'll be done in a minute" she informs and stumbles my way to the dinner table. She giggles at me. I never feel okay like this, I desire it to last.

 I never feel okay like this, I desire it to last

She gives me my plate full of food. I took a bite, after a bite and a bite. My mouth is full already having a hard time eating it up. "Slow down. Your food is not going anywhere" she said I try to say something but my mouth us full. Instead, I give her my goofy smile, shook her head while laughing at her response. We ate in relaxed silence.

After I finish my food, I insist to her that I should be the one who washes the dishes but I will never win at her though. I get into my room and change my clothes. It's Saturday and I have nothing to do but to work, and I don't think I want to, well for a certain reason; because my aunt is here and she not going home any minute now.

I grab my phone, check it and there is no text from my mom. What do I expect? I'm just torturing myself. I go to my contacts and call Michelle asking if I could have a day off. At least for a day.

Lady boss Michelle
Hello?

Ada 'the always moody'
Um, hi Mich. It's Ada. I just want to ask if it's okay that I get a day off? I mean if it's okay.

Lady boss Michelle
Of course, I'm telling you that to get at least a day to rest, but you are too stubborn to have it. Your working for me for a year now, I know your struggles. You do your job well. You deserve a break and rest.

Ada 'the always moody'
Thank you so much, boss. You are the best. I will take a rest. I will Frank since he's the one who told me to take a day off. Thank you again. Have a good day Michelle.

Lady boss Michelle
Your welcome, Ada. Have a good day too. Take a rest and be safe, I need an employee like you.

We bid goodbyes. I text Frank that I'm on a day off but if he needs my help, I would gladly go and help him. I go to the bathroom and take a bath. I got into my casual outfit. I simple white oversize shirt with a print on the back and grey sweatpants.