Chapter 1

Ada's POV

It's my break and I don't have an appetite. I have a coffee in my left hand and my phone at right. I'm just starting at it will it's ringing. I don't have the bravery to answer it.

Momma Widow is calling...

Accept        Decline

"Your not gonna answer that don't you?" Frank ask me. I shook my head as an answer. "You gonna make her mad, Ada. At least said that your home or something. Or that four weeks she's not here will not gonna happen." He adds. I'm still battling with my conscience. I want to answer her calls but I know she's just gonna yell at me and I don't want to deal with that right now.

"She just gonna yell at me, Frank. I'm not having that right now. I'm too tired for that." I said to him and take a sip of my coffee and put my phone in my pocket. "It's your choice. But you have to be ready when she comes home." Frank said. I nodded at him and take a deep breath.

"Can we change a topic now? I will deal with this at home not here. Keep it professional though" I said to him with a teasing tone. He huffs in annoyance, I just laugh at his antics.

We are just about to talk when a customer comes and we look at our watch. Break time is over. Back to work. Our shift gonna end at 10 pm. It's 8:30 already. I miss my bed.

This is exhausting, a student in the morning and a worker at night. I don't have proper sleep because my school start at 6 am until 1 pm. Then I got to go to work from 2 pm until 7 pm. Doing household chores and doing my homework at the same time. Time management is badly needed. You probably thinking about why I'm doing this while my mom has work and money that can provide for our needs. Well, in my case, I don't need it. I like Pride Chicken that's why. I don't want to spend her money on my things, I want to work for it. I have plans for my life. Like living alone so I need to save my money for rent and everything.

Living with someone who doesn't want you in the first place is hard and painful. Yet here I am staying because I loved my mom.

Flashback...

"Stop being dramatic, Ada just for a day! I can't go to that stupid family day because I have work. Would you please stop crying?!" Mom yelled at me. I just want her to be at school for a family day, and why does it be sound like a bad idea to her? I wipe my tears. I stop crying. Crying is for the weak.

"If Aria told this to you, you gonna say yes instantly," I mumbled under my breath. "Okay. I'm sorry" I said and run to my room. I lock it and tears start falling to my face. I'm already struggling to breathe and I can't find my inhaler. I have to calm myself.

"It's okay, Ada. Maybe next time she would say yes" I comfort myself. But it only makes me cry harder.

"Miss this is my order. Miss?" A man said at the counter that takes me back to reality. God, Ada focus. "I'm sorry, Sir can you repeat it?" Frank said. "Take a break, Ada. I got this. Go." Frank assured me and replace me in my position. I go to the stuck room and take a deep breath and held my inhaler.

"Please stop crying, Ada. Crying is for the weak. You're not weak. I'm not weak." I said to myself self and take my inhaler. Once I calm down all the memories that happen 6 years ago come back like a blink of an eye. I thought I forgot about it. I don't want to be reminded of what occurred to us that night.

"Here, you look pale." Frank handed me a water bottle. I took it and drink. "Thank you, your the best." I thank him and he sat beside me. "Who's looking at the counter?" I panic before I could go out, "I already closed it. I can't work when I'm alone and my best friend is dealing with some shit" he said and I look at him. "You can take a day off you know. Michelle will understand that since you are a working student. And dealing with some mommy issues" he adds and I rolled my eyes in his last sentence. I think about it, I need a break, at least a day so I can rest my mind. "I'll think about that. It's still Michelle's decision if she said yes to a day off" I told him.

We get out in the stock room and help him to arrange the chairs and table. We clean the place so we won't get scolded by our Lady Boss.

After cleaning, we get our stuff and lock the door of the shop. We bid goodbye and give each other hugs. I'm so lucky to meet him, he likes my brother to me or more like my eldest sister.

I got into the cab and the ride was silent yet comforting. When I got home, I need to deal with the problems I left there. Wish me good luck.

_______

The next chapters are full of flashbacks and heavy scenes. Ready your heart. I will ready mine too. Excuse my grammar, English is not my mother tongue.

See you in the next chapter.

-jade