Chapter 12

Scarlett's POV

I got to the address that the unknown number text me. I feel every muscle in my body starting to tense. My hands are trembling. I take a deep breath and courage before dragging myself out of the car.

I rush to the ER and go to the nurse station. "Ada Johansson?" I ask, they look at me in shock. I have time for this. "Where is Ada Johansson's room?" I ask again. "Ro-room 304" is all I need.

I rushed to the elevator, pressing the button. When it open, I hurriedly go inside. I'm starting to panic. Please, keep her safe. Keep her alive. The ride in the elevator is the longest elevator ride in my entire existence.

I find her room. I drop my bag for what I've seen. She's full of tubes and wires. An oxygen tank beside her. A machine that shows her heartbeat. An IV fluid hung on her side. She's pale, I hold her cold hands. I attentively hold it. What happened? I will lose my senses if something bad happened to her.

I'm about to call a doctor when a young man appeared in the room. "Thank God you trust me. I'm Frank, Ada's friend." He introduces lending a hand. I took it. "I'm the one who texted you, she stays in my apartment, and oh don't worry I'm gay," he said. I didn't ask. But I'm glad I know. "I found her pass out in my kitchen, I called an ambulance and texted you." He informs me. I glance at Ada, who's peacefully sleeping.

"Thank you so much. I didn't know what to do if anything happens to her. Thank you, Frank" I said. He smiles and nods. "She's like a sister to me. I told her to answer your calls and text, but she's said she's not ready so I don't force her. To be honest with you, when I heard you slap her, I'm mad at you. But she's protecting you. She said it was her fault why you slapped her. I heard her stories, every single one of them. If you want to change and start a new relationship with her, do it soon before everything is too late" I nod like an answer.

"And be understanding and take it slow. Everything will be new to her" he said. I take mental note of everything he said. "I'm going, I have work to do. She's gonna be mad and grumpy so call me if she wakes up to explain." He said getting his bag. "Thank you again. I'll never get tired of saying thank you." I said. He nods smiling and closes the door.

I wait until she wakes up. The beeping in the monitor made me nervous time by time. I didn't call anyone for now since I want to talk with her. A nurse came by and checked her vitals.

"Good evening. You are?" A doctor asks me. "I'm here mother." She nods at my answer. "I'm Doctor Cristina Yang, attending Cardio-Thoracic surgery." She introduces herself. "I'm Scarlett Johansson, Ada's mother." She smiles.

"What happened to her? Is she sick?" I ask. "She's stable now. The medication helps. I can't tell you everything since she said to me to keep everything confidential. I'm sorry but I'm just following what my patient wants." She said. "Why she doesn't want me to know?" I inquire. She shrugged her shoulder, "I don't have the answer for that ma'am. I'm just a doctor helping your daughter." I look down and nod.

"I'll check her from time to time." She said and leave the room, leaving me and Ada alone.

I sit beside her bed, waiting for her to wake up. I didn't know I'm crying until I feel a drop of tears in my hand. I just want to be a mother, I know all this I've done is unbearable, I think I deserve a second chance.

"Baby, wake up. I'm sorry for everything, I know you can't forgive me. I can't even forgive myself for what I did. There's no justification for what I've done to you, on how left you when you need a mother, I neglect your feelings and I forgot about you. I'm so sorry. My sorry is too late I understand. Please give me a chance, I won't let it slip to my hand and won't take it for granted. I regret everything. Mama is here now, sweetheart. Mama won't leave you again." I mumbled struggling due to my sobs.

I'm calling all the Saints and Gods to keep my daughter alive. I keep on praying and praying. I bargain myself to make her safe. I don't care if I lose my fame or money, I care about my daughter's safety.

"I'm so sorry, Ada. Mama is so sorry for what I did" I keep on saying how sorry I am. "Please, baby, wake up," I begged. I keep on pleading.

"I-I'm fine" I heard a faint noise. I look up and saw her eyes firmly shut but her mouth is fell open gasping for air. I hug her, God I miss hugging her.

"Too tight," she said. I let go and look at her if I hurt her. "I'm sorry" I apologize. "I going to call the doctor, stay with me," I said. I rush out and call Doctor Yang.

"Good to see you awake. How do you feel?" She asks. I'm biting my nails and walking around the room. "I feel better, I can breathe now but I think I still need this oxygen," Ada said. "Okay then, your chest? Still, hurts?" She asks. She's checking her, putting her stethoscope on Ada's chest.

"Take a deep breath then count to 3 before exhale, okay? You know the drill." I saw her nod. They spend at least 5 minutes doing that. My hearts want to get out of my ribs because it's beating too fast. I'm being paranoid.

"Okay good. You did so well. Now take a rest. If you feel something push this button it will alert the nurses and me. Okay?" She tells her and points the button. She nods. Doctor Yang leaves the room and silence falls to the room. The silences are too loud so I decide to break them.

"Are you hungry? Do you need anything?" I ask her. She paused for a moment and look at me. Her eyes tell me everything I need to feel. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I let my anger take over the situation" she apologize. I sit beside her and stroke her hand. "You have nothing to apologize for, baby. It's my fault, I pull the trigger that's why. I'm the one who should apologize here, I slap you,  treat you so wrong. I'm sorry." I admit.

"I hope I'm not late for making it up to you, I will do everything, just give me a chance. I will not be stupid for taking it for granted." I paused, "but understand if you don't want to." I confess. Looking down, too ashamed to face her.

I feel her squeeze my hands, I glance at her. "I may be mean and cold-hearted, but I'm not a monster. I'm still a human after all and so do you. We make mistakes, the importance is that you apologize and learn your lessons. I give you a chance, I'm sorry but this is the last one. It's up to you if you want to waste it." She told me. A small smile started to creep on my face. "I won't waste it. Thank you for giving me a chance." I said and hugged her tightly not wanting to let her go.

"Ouch my IV," she said, I quickly lose my grip. "Shit, sorry" I check her hand. I heard her giggle making my heart flutter for the first time in forever. I never got tired of hearing that.

I get us food in the cafeteria of the hospital. We're eating in comfortable silence. She just listened to me while I'm talking. Her giggles melted my heart, I never heard that for so many years.

"Who called you that I'm here?" She finally spoke. "Your friend, I think his name is Frank." I said, she nods "sneaky bitch" she said I laugh at her comment. "Well he's right that you gonna be grumpy, so he said to call him to explain" I get my phone and was about to dial when she talked again, "no need. I talked to him when I get out here" I nod to her not compelling anymore.

I let her sleep and take a rest. I'm about to sleep on the couch when she called me. "Your back was going to be mad at you tomorrow. There is still space here. Climb in," she suggests, I look at her confused yet happy. "Climb in, mom" she called me again. I kept my excitement inside. I smiled at her and walk in her direction.

I settled under the covers, she snuggles instantly. I wrap my hands around her and play with her hair. I hummed a lullaby, keeping her warm and cozy in my chest. I feel her breathing stabilize so I let myself take a rest with her.

_________

Tadaaaaaa the mother and daughter is reunited after 6 years. But more things coming in the way. You will learn more about their past, the events that happen in the past 6 years, and why it took Scarlett so long to reunite with Ada.

I'll be out for a moment, HELL WEEK. I have to prepare for my impromptu speech, activities, and the freaking RESEARCH.

See you in the next chapter.
-jade