Chapter 13

Ada's POV

I spend 3 days in the hospital. Doctor Yang told me that my heart is getting better, but I need to take my medications and go to every check-up. Since it got better, I told Doctor Yang not to tell Mom about it. I'm sitting on the couch watching Cinderella for the nth time. Her stepmother represents the universe, this universe are being harsh to me without knowing it's the reason. Yeah, I know im 17 turnings 18 next month but IT'S DISNEY! I'm still a child.

"Cinderella again?" Uncle Mackie asks. I raise my eyebrow to him, "what's wrong with that?" I ask. "The mistake you did is not inviting me," he said and flop himself on the couch with popcorn in his hand. He offers me some and I gladly take it. "You know Cinderella represents me." He said out of nowhere. I look at him confused. "What? How?" He laughs at my confusion. "Cuz she's broke homie, like me," he said, it a second before I get it. I chuckle at him "oh my God" we both laugh and continue watching.

Mom sat beside us while watching another Disney movie. I place my head on her lap, get her hand, and put it in my head. I feel my eyelids getting heavy, I try my best to stay awake. But I'm tired so I let sleep consumes me.

Scarlett's POV

I'm shocked at what she did, place her head in my lap and get my hands to play with her hair like before. I heard little snores, I look down and saw her sleeping. "Y'all better be quiet or I will kick your ass out of my house" I whispered yell at them. They look at me then divert their attention to Ada's sleeping form. They nod, scared because they know I can do that.

It's 11 in the evening and they bid goodbyes. I can't escort them since I don't have the heart to wake up Ada. Lizzie also said she's going but before she headed home, she kissed my cheeks and Ada's forehead.

I carry my daughter to her room in a bridal way. She may be taller than me but she's not that heavy, and working out my muscles helps.

I tuck her in, kissed her head. I turn off the lamp. I look around at how neat her room was, full of books, I saw her guitar and piano on the other side of the room. There is also a rack with her medals and trophy. I look at every medal and trophy she had realizing I didn't attend any of these events.

I saw a picture frame near one of the biggest trophies. It's mom smiling and hunter carrying Ada with her trophy. I regret that I'm always saying I'm busy and shut her down every time she asks me when I'm not busy at all.

I walk to her study area, I saw a black journal laying there. Out of curiosity, I took it and read the first parts.

Day 1,
I just got out of the hospital after the car accident. I'm alone, mom is taking over my sister's funeral. My head still hurts, memories of what happened are playing like a film in my head. My ortho doctor said my bones are healing properly, so maybe this week I can walk without a guide. My heart also healing well, but I'm still on the medication. My therapist said I should do this, writing my feelings so it won't just be in my head. For the past month of healing, mom only visited me twice. She can't look me in the eyes. Maybe the fact that her favorite child is gone. I just wish I'm the one who died than killing me slowly. I just wish that my heart stops that her. She's the favorite one, the jolly, pride of the family, pride of joy. Everything. She's perfect in mom's eyes. Grandma and Aunt Lizzie are the only people I got. They take care of me, attend to my wounds, keep me company.

I wish I'm the one who's lying in the coffin.

I keep on reading. I feel so bad and ashamed for what I did. I didn't realize I did the worse until I read her journal.

Day 20
I just got home from school. I got home early to avoid those bullies who's hurting me. They get my homework and money. They also force me to do it there, I have no choice or they will beat me again. Grandma asks me where I get those bruises and thank God she buys my alibi. Mom yells at me before I go to school because I wake up late. I wake up late since those bullies want me to do their homework, I stay up all night doing it. I only have 2 hours of sleep. I just cry it will walk to the school. Before I got home, I stay in the park playing in the swing, silently crying.

I'm tired. So tried. 

The day I don't know anymore.
I got the highest honor, Im about to say it to mom since but I quickly regret it. Shes busy. As always, since when she got time for me. I call Uncle hunter to inform him and grandma. They congratulate me, grandma said she's the one who's going to my recognition day. Im is happy at least I have my grandma. I going to sleep, im too tired.

There are blank pages, a ripped one, and just a page full of spilled ink.

As I read, I notice sa red droplets on the next few pages. I examine it. It took me a while until I realize, it's blood.

The next few pages are full of blood, she uses it's as ink to write a few words.

LET ME REST

I WANT TO REST

GET ME OUT OF HERE

PLEASE...

I put my hand to my mouth to silence my sobs. I look at her, sleeping peacefully. I didn't know. My heart broke in so many pieces of what I see and read. I-

No words can explain how disappointed I am in myself. I can't form any words on how I fucked things up, I almost lose her without noticing it.

The words that she said to me the night before she runway flashes to my head. She tries to kill herself because of me. It's all because of me.

I put back the journal where I get it, place myself into her bed. She senses my presence and puts her head in my chest. I hug her tightly while crying.

After a few moments of crying, I feel my eyes are tired. I look at her once more and kissed her forehead. "Mama loves you, I didn't know I made you feel like that. I'm so selfish. I'm sorry" I kissed her head again. Keeping her in my side until I fell asleep.

______

Just the beginning of everything I planned. You going to witness more of it. I hope you enjoy the ride, I'll keep it sailing, but prepare for the life vest just go be sure.

I said I'll be gone for a while but I can't keep myself not giving you an update so here it is.

I'm planning to write another story but I need to finish this one first. I can't handle another responsibility 😭

See you in the next chapter.
-jade