Chapter 11

-flashback-

(Warning: medical stuff. Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor nor a student of medicine maybe soon. But I read carefully so I can explain it thoroughly to you and have an idea about how this story goes. If I say or write something wrong, please, please inform me so I can change it. Thank you.)

Ada's POV

I run as fast as possible, running away from hell. My heart started to ache, it got worse since I'm running miles. I decide to go to Frank's apartment. My vision became blurry and everything is spinning around. I knock until the doorknob twist. "What- wow, Ada" Frank held my shoulder and get me inside. "Your cold as ice," he said. I feel the darkness embracing me. I let them get me. I hear a faint noise calling my name. Not enough to bring me back.

I wake up in an unknown room. I look around until I realize it's Frank's room. I heard the door creak. "Thank God for your alive and awake," he said and sit in the bed "you scared the living shit out of me! Don't do that again" I give him a weak smile.

"How long I've been out?" I ask. "About an hour or so" he answers. I nod at him. "Can I ask a question?" I look at him and hummed. "What happens?" I look away. Trying to process everything. "Mom and I fight. She yelled I yelled then she slap me. It's my fault why she's slapped me. I yelled at her. But I can't take it anymore so I run. The house is suffocating. It doesn't feel like home anymore. I don't want to fight with her, she's still my mother after all." I explain. "Can I stay here? Just for a while." I ask him "you're like my sister, of course," he said and hug me.

Then I feel my heart again beating erratically giving me a hard time breathing. I sit and get my inhaler. It doesn't work anymore. "Come on I take you to the hospital," Frank said. "I'm fine. I just need to rest." I decline. "But-" I cut him off. "I'm fine. I'll be fine. Take a rest you have work tomorrow." I said. He's trying to convince me but I said no. Until he doesn't bother me anymore so I can rest.

---

I'm in Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital waiting to call my name. I call Doctor Cristina Yang since the pain in my chest got worse. Glad that I have time for this appointment. I witness some of the patient's families waiting for the doctor's news if it is good or bad. Some of them cry because they lost someone.

I'm here waiting for the result of my labs and scans. I already know my condition got worse. I expect it.

Kids are running around, nurses and doctors talking. "Hi," a kid said beside me. I smile at him and wave "hello". He hands me candy, I gladly take it and thank him. He smiles. "Ada Johansson?" I heard my name and stood up. I wave my head to him, he does the same.

"Take a seat." She said. She gets my chart and Scans. She examines it before telling me everything. I take a deep breath. There's no turning back.

"I already get your labs and scan. It got worse than expected," she said. She shows me my scans. "I'll be honest with you and straight to the point. But before that, would you like to call someone for support since the news I have here is not that pleasant" she suggest. I shook my head. She sigh.

"Your heart is failing. Heart failure develops when the heart cannot effectively pump enough blood and oxygen to the body. From my assessment, your constant coughing, fatigue, loss of appetite and nausea, and shortness of breath. This is also proven by your ECG, X-ray, blood test, and your scans." She explains. To be honest I don't understand anything she says. It feels like I can't hear anything, that's why I can't process it.

"You also experienced a heart condition called Arrhythmia is a heart condition where your heart is not beating in a proper rhythm. Which can cause heart failure, stroke, cardiac arrest-" she paused taking a deep breath "-and worse death" she explains. I gulped at what I've heard.